vba search workbook and display in worksheet template

aaron1133

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
i am a newbie to the vba code. I have a form that we have to fill out by hand and I was wanting to be able to put it into an excel workbook. I created all the tabs for the different devices and I am able to store all the information correctly vis userforms. I now want to be able to do a search through the worksheets based on a textbox for the date and a combo box for the Shift (12-8, 8-4, or 4-12) and it display all the information into my original sheet (template). I have been searching online for different examples of code, but honestly that has made me more confused than anything. I am not sure of where to start. All the "Search" information that I have seen wants it to display in a listbox and I haven't seen anything like I am talking about.

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Hi welcome to forum.

With a complex project its helpful to forum if you could place a copy of your workbook with sample data in a dropbox & provide a link to it otherwise, post the code behind the form you have.

Plenty here to offer guidance

Dave

Upvote 0
Hi welcome to forum.

With a complex project its helpful to forum if you could place a copy of your workbook with sample data in a dropbox & provide a link to it otherwise, post the code behind the form you have.

Plenty here to offer guidance

Dave

Please help me. Sorry. I am new to the forum. I would be happy to post a copy, but i don't know how to place the workbook in a dropbox with a link to it. Can you please explain how to do that.

Upvote 0
Sorry it took so long. I had trouble installing the app on my pc. In the excel workbook, I have 2 templates. I want to be able to do a search based on the date and the shift and then click either the CHILLER 2-5 (displayed on the Chiller 2-5 template (sheet1) or click the CHILLER 1 (displayed on the Chiller 1 template (sheet2).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BB_Unlv

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back