VBA Selection

hrayani

Hello Friends,

Is there a way to move the selection to the second column of that same row.

Like if the selection (target cell) is lets say column H32 then I would want the code to make the selection to B32 or if the selection (target cell) in on A15 then i would want the code to make the section to B15.

fName = "\\192.168.0.100\itex Share\ITEX\PO" & Range("T5").Value & ".pdf"

In above case the the file name is calling from Range T5. So what I want is that if my selection is anywhere in row # 5 then it should pick the second column i.e. B5.

Regards,

Humayun

Eric W

MrExcel MVP
Many ways, here's one:

Code:
    fName = "\\192.168.0.100\itex Share\ITEX\PO" & Cells(Range("T5").Row, "B").Value & ".pdf"

DanteAmor

Office Version
Platform
Windows
Try this

Code:
fName = "\\192.168.0.100\itex Share\ITEX\PO" & Range("B" & activecell.row).Value & ".pdf"

hrayani

Hi Eric & Dante

Thanks for the replies... I will surely try your solution

Meanwhile please have a look at this... I searched a bit on the net and found this solution

Code:
 fName = "\\192.168.0.100\itex Share\ITEX\DESIGNS\" & Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 2).Value & ".pdf"
I would like your thoughts on it.. Is there a better way ? working perfect though

Regards,

Humayun

Eric W

MrExcel MVP
That's essentially the same solution I presented. The only difference is that it uses the value 2 to indicate the column, while I used "B". They work the same, it's largely a matter of preference in this case. Some people might prefer the "B" because that's easier to recognize as a column identifier. But if you want to use a variable instead of a constant, or put it in a loop, using numbers instead of letters is far easier.

Anyway, glad we could help.

DanteAmor

Office Version
Platform
Windows
They work the same:

Code:
Range([COLOR=#0000ff]"B"[/COLOR] & ActiveCell.row).Value

Cells(ActiveCell.Row, [COLOR=#0000ff]2[/COLOR]).Value

Cells(ActiveCell.Row, [COLOR=#0000ff]"B"[/COLOR]).Value
How to comment Eric is a matter of preference.
I prefer to use Range() because it allows me to use the Intellisense (is the drop down list that appears next to variables in the VBA).

DanteAmor

Office Version
Platform
Windows
Youre welcome & thanks for the feedback.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lauren Ward

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics