VBA slicer codes for multiple users

Redmanc35

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hey all,
I have tried searching for the answer for this problem and I can not seem to find the answer that I need, so was hoping that you guys could help.

I have created a workbook that we use within my work that shows what every member of staff is working for any given hour they are at work. We are a 24/7 unit so I have a sheet for each day, on each day there is a table at the top of the worksheet that shows the hourly totals and second table that has each member of staff, the shift they work and then hourly blocks from 7am till 7am.

We have had these types of sheets for years, but we used to have 3 separate workbooks for 3 areas of the unit, because some of the interchangeable roles I was asked to create a one workbook does all.

I have built the sheet and all works great apart from one bit, the filters!. Specifically the VBA codes I have written for them. The code changes the filters on a number of slicers at the same time for both tables to match each other.

The problem I have is that the sheet will be used by multiple users at the same time, this wouldn't be an issue if they used just the slicers as it gives you the option to just see only me or everyone, but the VBA code doesn't do this and changes it for everyone.

Is there a way to put in the VBA to only show the slicer filters for that person and not everyone? or is there another way of doing this? I need to have both tables filter at the same time.

Many thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Are you talking about a shared workbook or a one user at a time workbook?
You could use code to reset the filters on open or even better save the filter they choose somewhere and when they open the workbook it checks their username and checks to see if they are saved in your data and set the filter to what they had last time they were hanged it?

Upvote 0
Are you talking about a shared workbook or a one user at a time workbook?
You could use code to reset the filters on open or even better save the filter they choose somewhere and when they open the workbook it checks their username and checks to see if they are saved in your data and set the filter to what they had last time they were hanged it?
Its a shared workbook through sharepoint with office 365. If they just use the slicers then it gives you the option to see just me or everyone but when doing it through vba with a button those options do not present. That makes an issue if you are looking at one filter and someone changes it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ijat

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back