VBA sql conversion failed when converting the varchar value to data type int in FILTER BETWEEN dates

geloader0

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Good day, I have a form with data and search box. I want to filter dates between 2 fields/textbox From and To. But this error appear as shown in the image below.
This is my SQL query . Thank you for the help.

VBA Code:
sql = "select [Row Number],[ITEM],[NAME],[SO #],[DATE BILLED] from tblData  " & _
  " where [DATE BILLED] BETWEEN " & dtpFrom.Text & " AND " & dtpTo.Text & "  " & _
  " AND [SYS Payment Rcvd]='' order by [Row Number] DESC "

1.JPG

But when I use LIKE query it works using this line
Excel Formula:
[SYS Payment Rcvd]=''
. But in the dates filter using between the 2 dates in the textbox. Results not found

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Here's one more effort then - I'm running out of ideas though.

VBA Code:
sql = "select [Row Number],[ITEM],[NAME],[SO #],[DATE BILLED] from tblData  " & _
  " where CAST([DATE BILLED] AS DATE) BETWEEN '" & Format(CDate(dtpFrom.Text), "yyyy-mm-dd") & "' AND '" & Format(CDate(dtpTo.Text), "yyyy-mm-dd") & "'  " & _
  " AND ISNULL([SYS Payment Rcvd],'') = '' order by [Row Number] DESC "

Upvote 0
Solution
Here's one more effort then - I'm running out of ideas though.

VBA Code:
  " where CAST([DATE BILLED] AS DATE) BETWEEN '" & Format(CDate(dtpFrom.Text), "yyyy-mm-dd") & "' AND '" & Format(CDate(dtpTo.Text), "yyyy-mm-dd") & "'  " & _

Now, This error appears.

1.JPG

Upvote 0
This whole problem is nothing to do with VBA or Excel and it's difficult to help without knowing anything about your database/table set-up/data.

You really need to get a working SQL statement from someone who knows SQL and knows your database - then me (or someone else here) can then help you to create it in VBA.

Last try..
VBA Code:
  " where str_to_date([DATE BILLED] AS DATE, '%m/%d/%y') BETWEEN " & Format(CDate(dtpFrom.Text), "yyyy-mm-dd") & "' AND '" & Format(CDate(dtpTo.Text), "yyyy-mm-dd") & "'  " & _

Upvote 0
This whole problem is nothing to do with VBA or Excel and it's difficult to help without knowing anything about your database/table set-up/data.

You really need to get a working SQL statement from someone who knows SQL and knows your database - then me (or someone else here) can then help you to create it in VBA.

Last try..
VBA Code:
  " where str_to_date([DATE BILLED] AS DATE, '%m/%d/%y') BETWEEN " & Format(CDate(dtpFrom.Text), "yyyy-mm-dd") & "' AND '" & Format(CDate(dtpTo.Text), "yyyy-mm-dd") & "'  " & _

Anyway, The format of DATE BILLED in the table is VARCHAR not a date.

Upvote 0
The format of DATE BILLED in the table is VARCHAR not a date.

Yes, so maybe you've got entries in there that can't be converted to a date! The last post# should ignore those - but I don't have access to a mysql database to be able to do any testing.

Upvote 0
Yes, so maybe you've got entries in there that can't be converted to a date! The last post# should ignore those - but I don't have access to a mysql database to be able to do any testing.

Anyway in your SQL statement gives me this error.

1675267833952.png

Upvote 0
My mistake (like I say, I have no way of testing what I'm posting). .

VBA Code:
  " where str_to_date([DATE BILLED], '%m/%d/%y') BETWEEN " & Format(CDate(dtpFrom.Text), "yyyy-mm-dd") & "' AND '" & Format(CDate(dtpTo.Text), "yyyy-mm-dd") & "'  " & _

Upvote 0

Yeah. I thought the CAST thing is the solution in order to convert it to a date. But nothing works. Maybe you're right. That there is a record that cannot be converted into a date. there is 58,000 rows and it is hard to find that record.

Upvote 0
I think the DATE BILLED field in the database is the problem because when I tried to search other DATE field that has a DATE format not a VARCHAR... The search works. So, in order to achieve problem this I need to convert DATE BILLED field to a DATE from the SQL statement

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back