VBA to Add Rows & Create Tabs based on User Input (Linked File)

Kxs00301

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello All,

I'm an active Excel user and in the very early process of learning VBA. I inherited a spreadsheet sheet that was used within our pricing department which essentially collected user input. The person who was our "Excel Guru" was let go and now we are picking up the pieces. With that in mind, I'm trying to figure out how the following (reference the linked file):

1. How to add line(s) to the file on the input tab by clicking the "Add/Import" button. If i try to simply inert a line the file does not seem to work properly.
2. How to create a tab based by clicking the "Create/Update BOEs" button after what the user inputs after adding a line i.e. doing step 1 above. The tabs would automatically be created based on what the user selects in Column E "Format". I believe that the tabs named "Judgement, Historical, Parts, LOE" would be the tabs created based on the user selection in column E after they add a line by doing step 1. You can see examples of the tabs created based on the user input within the files.

Link to File: BOE_Template TEST.xlsb

I know it's a little confusing but I am more than willing to clarify any points or answer any questions.

Thank you in advance for your time and help!

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back