VBA to append Access tables with data from Excel arrray

nicktaylorgen

Hi All,

I receive an Excel document on a daily basis via email. There is a sheet in the document which contains an array of data I want to insert into access tables. I only want to append the tables with new data, since the file contains historical data as well as new data.

If I create a table in the Excel document it will make it easier to write VBA that automatically updates the Access tables, however, I'm afraid adding a table to the document will slow it down even more. The file is already about 35 megabytes. Will a table slow down the file? If so, is there something out there on how to insert arrays or named ranges into a database? I understand SQL, but the VBA piece is a challenge.

Thank You!
Nick

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
What is in the data that identifies new records? Date perhaps.?

I have a similar scenario whereby a start date signifies the new data.

I link to the sheet from Access and a form asks for Start Date and that then calls a query to append the data.

No tables needed.

Upvote 0
I figured out how to append the database with all records. It wasn't as difficult as I thought. I will clear the staging table, then append all records, run several queries or VBA to clean up the data, and then run queries to append the tables based on unique "Loan Numbers". I like your approach to this, but I've already gotten much of the code completed.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back