VBA to automate getting table from website to excel daily

lea147

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

Everyday, I have to grab a table from a website and paste it into excel. Sometimes this works by simple copy/paste and sometimes the table pastes all in one cell. When this is the case, I have to use the Get Data > From website tool. However, this becomes very time consuming for me. I was researching possible automatic solutions using VBA to help me out. However, all the sample codes I can find are all a bit different and I cannot figure out a way to get this working on my own.

The best I have been able to do so far is being able to open the website:

Sub GetDailyRates ()
Dim browser As InternetExplorer
Dim page as HTML Document
Set browser = New InternetExplorer
Browser.Visible = True
Browser.navigate ("https://... .com")
End sub

What I am ultimately hoping for is the ability to grab the table from the website (2nd image attached) and add it to the table I am using in Excel already (1st image attached). The website has two tables on it - but I just need to get the first one. The second is the legend and is not needed.

My current Excel table has filters to sort the extra data from the website table as well as some formatting (so the incoming data needs to take on the pre-established table formatting).
The website table only has the institution name in select cells. If possible, the cells below each need to be copied down until the next institution name. It is okay if the institution name is not filled into each cell as long as the cell comes in as actually blank (currently when it is grabbed via Get Data > website, it comes in as a non-blank cell (even though it looks blank).
The date column needs to be populated daily as well, however this is okay to do manually, especially if it causes difficulty doing it automatically.
The data from the website table needs to start in column B (through M) underneath of the current table entries and cannot include the headings.
Once the VBA code is created and working, I just need a simple way to run it daily by command (unless it is possible to have it run at say, 8:30am, every morning).

I thought this would be simpler than it is and I appreciate the help. Thank you so much!

(I have had to remove the names and cannot give out the website due to privacy, but I have done my best to, hopefully, illustrate with images.)

Attachments

• GICSnip.JPG
    GICSnip.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 26
  • GICwebsite.JPG
    GICwebsite.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 26

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guy Boot

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back