VBA to automatically adjust cell height to separate worksheet where data is compiled

dkman718

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello Mr. Excel Community,

I am running into a block that I am hoping someone can assist with to resolve; I have a spreadsheet that currently utilizes VBA to copy rows from one worksheet (let's call it SHEET #1) to another (SHEET #2) based on a response of YES to a drop down. This works perfectly for our needs and does not need to change, however I have recently added a new wrinkle where some of the copy-and-paste fields on SHEET #2 compile to a totally unrelated SHEET #3 automatically by way of basic formula (='SHEET #2!'whatever row/cell is involved); these fields are specifically text entries and I am hoping to automatically autofit the height of the rows on SHEET #3 to properly display all of the text information from SHEET #2, but every bit of VBA coding I have tried has failed to adjust the row heights at all.

If the reason the extra layer of coding won't work is that the "text entered" on SHEET #2 comes from a macro sending it over from SHEET #1, then I will resign myself to having the user manually resize the rows on SHEET #3 but I am willing to bet there is someone here that has encountered this before. Just in case, there is NO CELL MERGING going on anywhere as I had to remove all of that when the original macro was created; I also have manually selected AUTOFIT HEIGHT and WRAP TEXT options on all applicable cells beforehand.

Appreciate the help!!

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
As an example this works for me. One.A1 comes from VBA code, Two.D7 formula is "=One!A1"

VBA Code:
Private Sub test_adjust_cell_height()

Dim str As String

str = "asnas sags ieie iiw iueu iieuwuew" & Chr(10) & "bdv huuushdud ugdu uddu usdug ugsg dguu udusd" & Chr(10) & "sdkd isd  hsdhid ih dishd dihd hiiihsdhhdi iishd"

Worksheets("one").Range("A1").Value = str
    Worksheets("two").Range("D7").WrapText = True
    Worksheets("two").Range("D7").EntireRow.AutoFit

End Sub

Upvote 0
This unfortunately does not seem to work either, although I may be dropping it in to VBA in the wrong spot and/or modifying the variables incorrectly (if I was even supposed to do so - was unsure about the statement "One.A1 comes from VBA code, Two.D7 formula is "=One!A1"" above). Also, does the run of characters after 'str=' need to be changed or remain the same?

Just to clarify, the actual name for SHEET #1 is INITIAL REQUEST and for SHEET #2 is PHYSICAL SITE REQUEST; I am somewhat of a novice when it comes to VBA so if there are steps I am missing would appreciate anyone clarifying further.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Yeah, sorry for misleading. You need to change sheet names accordingly. Above names are what I have set in test workbook.

Upvote 0
This unfortunately does not seem to resolve the issue either; the data copies over just fine from SHEET #2 to SHEET #3 but will not autofit on SHEET #3 no matter what variations I try to the above code or via formatting changes.

Open to any suggestions at this point, thanks!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hanakoro

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back