VBA to Clear Contents from Multiple Cell Ranges & Multiple Sheets (Not All Sheets)

TriconKG

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a tab labeled "Header" where I'd like to insert a button to "Clear Form" and run the macro to clear the contents of multiple cell ranges on multiple sheets. Sheet names are Line1, Line2, Line3, Line4, Line5. Cell ranges to be deleted from each of the 5 sheets is the same. Can I clear contents with a range of sheets or should I list out each sheet name separately? Do I need to add a line to allow the macro to run from the "Header" tab instead of running from each individual sheet?

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Welcome to the Board!

You can loop through all sheets in your workbook, and only run the code on sheets starting with the word "Line", like this:
VBA Code:
Sub MySheetClear()

Dim ws As Worksheet

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

'   Loop through all sheets in workbook
    For Each ws In Worksheets
'       Only run on worksheets starting with "Line..."
        If Left(ws.Name, 4) = "Line" Then
            ws.Activate
'           ENTER YOUR RANGE CLEARING CODE HERE
        End If
    Next ws

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub
By the way, it is best to put this code in a General/Standard module, and NOT one of the Sheet modules.

Upvote 0
Joe - Thanks for the assist here. That worked exactly like I needed:
1645554302225.png

I assigned the macro to a button and now my users can wipe the book clean when they need to start fresh.

As a follow up, could you clarify the "General/Standard Module vs Sheet Module" comment?

Also after running the macro, my cursor is taken to the last sheet in the string. Is there any way to remain on the home tab after running the macro?

Upvote 0
As a follow up, could you clarify the "General/Standard Module vs Sheet Module" comment?
Whenever you create your own module, whether intentionally or by recording a macro, it will be in a "General/Standard" module.
These modules are not attached to any sheet, but are, in general, available to ALL sheets.
See here for details on how to create these: Insert and run VBA macros in Excel - step-by-step guide - Ablebits.com

Also after running the macro, my cursor is taken to the last sheet in the string. Is there any way to remain on the home tab after running the macro?
Add this line just before the "End Sub" line:
VBA Code:
Sheets("Header").Activate

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
81jamesacct

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back