VBA to copy and paste each list after skipping few blank rows

youngbella

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, I'm new to VBA.

I have some problem which I have some list of data and I need to transfer the list to other sheet. For each list, I need to skips 7 blanks cell for remark. I tried to copy and paste and do some looping but it didnt work.

The code does copy the data but it did not skips 7 blank rows when pasting. very grateful if you could help me.

Below is the list and the outcome that I need.

1603866587724.png

1603866776429.png

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
Try this with your paste code. You will need to define what you are copying where I have named Selection. And you will need to define where to start the code either with a named range or a hardcoded value and replace all of the following - Range("PasteValueRange")

I also tried to account for any changes in your example...if you have 3, 4, 5 lines that you are trying to copy for instance/if you are starting a new workbook or appending an old book. Let me know if this suits your needs.

VBA Code:
Selection.Copy

If Range("PasteValueRange") = "" Then

Range("PasteValueRange").PasteSpecial xlPasteValues

Else

If Range("PasteValueRange").Offset(Range("PasteValueRange").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Row - Range("PasteValueRange").Row).End(xlUp).Offset(-1) = "" Then

Range("PasteValueRange").Offset(Range("PasteValueRange").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Row - Range("PasteValueRange").Row).End(xlUp).Offset(8).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues

Else

Range("PasteValueRange").Offset(Range("PasteValueRange").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Row - Range("PasteValueRange").Row).End(xlUp).End(xlUp).Offset(8).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues

End If

End If

Upvote 0
Try this with your paste code. You will need to define what you are copying where I have named Selection. And you will need to define where to start the code either with a named range or a hardcoded value and replace all of the following - Range("PasteValueRange")

I also tried to account for any changes in your example...if you have 3, 4, 5 lines that you are trying to copy for instance/if you are starting a new workbook or appending an old book. Let me know if this suits your needs.

VBA Code:
Selection.Copy

If Range("PasteValueRange") = "" Then

Range("PasteValueRange").PasteSpecial xlPasteValues

Else

If Range("PasteValueRange").Offset(Range("PasteValueRange").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Row - Range("PasteValueRange").Row).End(xlUp).Offset(-1) = "" Then

Range("PasteValueRange").Offset(Range("PasteValueRange").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Row - Range("PasteValueRange").Row).End(xlUp).Offset(8).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues

Else

Range("PasteValueRange").Offset(Range("PasteValueRange").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Row - Range("PasteValueRange").Row).End(xlUp).End(xlUp).Offset(8).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues

End If

End If
Dear Sir,

Thank your for your assistance. but however, when I try to rename the range. I get error "type mismatch". is my range wrong?

Below is my code :

VBA Code:
Sub pastethat()

Dim countA As Integer
Dim wb As Worksheet

Worksheets("ImportData").Range("D14:D19").Copy

Set wb = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("June")

If wb.Range("A:A") = "" Then

wb.Range("A:A").PasteSpecial xlPasteValues

Else

If wb.Range("A:A").Offset(wb.Range("A:A").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Row - wb.Range("A:A").Row).End(xlUp).Offset(-1) = "" Then

wb.Range("A:A").Offset(wb.Range("A:A").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Row - wb.Range("A:A").Row).End(xlUp).Offset(8).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues

Else

wb.Range("A:A").Offset(wb.Range("A:A").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Row - wb.Range("A:A").Row).End(xlUp).End(xlUp).Offset(8).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues

End If

End If

End Sub

Upvote 0
Instead of making the range "A:A" start with your starting cell, "A2" for instance.
Nope. It doesnt work. the code did paste the list but did not skip 7 rows for the second list. I think need to do looping but i dont know how to.

Upvote 0
dear sir @ekrause ,

I've made some coding regarding this paste problem. But it only copy and paste the last cells of the list. i've made it into for loop. need your help to correct me on what went wrong? imagine that I want to copy from column A Sheet 1 to column A sheet 2 but I want to skip 7 rows on the sheet 2 after each data.

VBA Code:
Sub copypasteskip()

Dim name As String
Dim src As Variant
Dim dest As Variant
Dim endnumber As Integer
Dim finalrow As Variant
Dim i As Integer
Dim r As Integer

Set src = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("sheet1")
Set dest = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet2")

endnumber = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
finalrow = Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row

For r = 11 To endnumber

For i = 14 To finalrow

Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(i, "A").Copy
        Worksheets("Sheet2").Cells(r, "A").PasteSpecial xlPasteAll

Next i

r = r + 7

Next r

End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back