VBA to copy select columns and copy to a seperate worksheet

fvisions

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am looking for advice on where to begin. I have looked through forums and read the Mr. Excel VBA book but I am not looking to filter any information. What I am looking to do is for the end user to go to the ("Inventory Rpt") worksheet which has headers and columns A:AG, number of rows would vary. I want the vba to select 6 select column from the Inventory Rpt, (selected either by header or by row 2 to end of data in the selected column) tab and copy the information to the end of the data rows and paste in a new tab called "Contractor" in columns A:F with the same headers. What do you suggest as a starting point. Like I said I read some stuff but it talks about filtering the columns first, is this necessary?

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Hello,

does this work as expected?

VBA Code:
Sub COPY_6_COLUMNS()
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    With Sheets("Inventory Rpt")
        For MY_COLS = 1 To .Cells(1, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column
            Select Case .Cells(1, MY_COLS).Value
            Case "b", "c", "e", "f", "g", "h"
                .Columns(MY_COLS).Copy
                    If IsEmpty(Sheets("Contractor").Cells(1, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Value) Then
                        Sheets("Contractor").Cells(1, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).PasteSpecial (xlPasteAll)
                    Else
                        Sheets("Contractor").Cells(1, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Offset(0, 1).PasteSpecial (xlPasteAll)
                    End If
            End Select
        Next MY_COLS
    End With
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

all depends on how you want to determine which columns you want to copy over. Have just used row 1 where header contains b, c, e, f, g, or h. You can change the values to what you want.
The code will need to be changed if you have a different method of selecting the required 6 columns.

Upvote 0
Hello,

does this work as expected?

VBA Code:
Sub COPY_6_COLUMNS()
                .Columns(MY_COLS).Copy
                    If IsEmpty(Sheets("Contractor").Cells(1, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Value) Then
                        Sheets("Contractor").Cells(1, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).PasteSpecial (xlPasteAll)
                    Else
                        Sheets("Contractor").Cells(1, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Offset(0, 1).PasteSpecial (xlPasteAll)
                    End If
            End Select
        Next MY_COLS
    End With
End Sub

all depends on how you want to determine which columns you want to copy over. Have just used row 1 where header contains b, c, e, f, g, or h. You can change the values to what you want.
The code will need to be changed if you have a different method of selecting the required 6 columns.
ok quick questions, the Contractor tab has some information for them so this data will have to be copied starting at row 15, how do I change If Is Empty to Row 15?

Upvote 0
Hello,

VBA Code:
Sub COPY_6_COLUMNS()
                .Range(.Cells(1, MY_COLS), .Cells(.Cells(Rows.Count, MY_COLS).End(xlUp).Row, MY_COLS)).Copy
                    If IsEmpty(Sheets("Contractor").Cells(15, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Value) Then
                        Sheets("Contractor").Cells(15, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).PasteSpecial (xlPasteAll)
                    Else
                        Sheets("Contractor").Cells(15, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Offset(0, 1).PasteSpecial (xlPasteAll)
                    End If
            End Select
        Next MY_COLS
    End With
End Sub

does that work?

Upvote 0
It only copies col AF to col a in the contractor report at row 15. I think I copied it all correctly.

VBA Code:
Sub COPY_7_COLUMNS()
    With Sheets("Full Inventory Rpt")
            Case "E", "U", "V", "X", "AE", "AF", "AG"
                .Range(.Cells(1, MY_COLS), .Cells(.Cells(Rows.Count, MY_COLS).End(xlUp).Row, MY_COLS)).Copy
                    If IsEmpty(Sheets("Town of Inventory").Cells(15, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Value) Then
                        Sheets("Town of Inventory").Cells(15, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).PasteSpecial (xlPasteAll)
                    Else
                        Sheets("Town of Inventory").Cells(15, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Offset(0, 1).PasteSpecial (xlPasteAll)
                    End If
            End Select
        Next MY_COLS
    End With
End Sub

Upvote 0
Hello,

The above code works (for me anyway), but in the Case line you need to change E, U etc, to whatever is in the cells in Row 1 on the specified columns.
i.e. if E1 has SUPPLIER then you need to change "E" to "SUPPLIER" and so on.

alternatively, try

VBA Code:
Sub COPY_7_COLUMNS_NOS()
    With Sheets("Full Inventory Rpt")
            Select Case MY_COLS
            Case 5, 21, 22, 24, 31, 32, 33
                    If IsEmpty(Sheets("Town of Inventory").Cells(15, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Value) Then
                        Sheets("Town of Inventory").Cells(15, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).PasteSpecial (xlPasteAll)
                    Else
                        Sheets("Town of Inventory").Cells(15, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Offset(0, 1).PasteSpecial (xlPasteAll)
                    End If
            End Select
        Next MY_COLS
    End With
End Sub

which runs on the column number

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennimack

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back