VBA to count the number of entry in a row and update in count column

swindel

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I am new in this forum and would like to understand the VBA macro, Just wanna know how can I count the number of entries in a row per criteria. I have the Unique ID, and have a couple of data and will insert the count on Count Y and Count X.

IDData 1Data 2Data 3Data 4Data 5Data 6Count YCount X
1​
XYXXX
1​
4​
2​
XXX
0​
3​
3​
YYY
3​
0​
4​
YYYXX
2​
2​
5​
0​
0​
6​
XXYY
1​
2​
7​
YYYXX
3​
2​

I didn't really think that, was just trying to be diplomatic.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
No, it is in the correct forum.

Actually, Zot was the first one who replied earlier in the day, but it was an Excel solution and the OP alerted them to it. I deleted those posts so that the question would still appear as a new unanswered question (you can see the remnants of those deletions under the original question post).

Zot, if you are using the "Unanswered threads" link to locate new unanswered qustions, be sure to notice that these include questions across ALL questions forums.
Note that it lists which forum they are in right under the question (many people miss that), i.e.

View attachment 48955
I felt like dumb. When I saw the question (for 2nd time), it was like Déjà vu ?. I was looking for a file that I did my work on but could not find it. So, I thought it was maybe something else, but when @Micron mentioned about Access, only then I recalled. It was same day but probably old age ?

I think it is not eye catching to have gray label next to date there. Maybe I'm not used to it. Perhaps a small icon right before the beginning of the title? Well, now I know where to actually at first. Thanks @Joe4 for explanation.

Upvote 0
I think it is not eye catching to have gray label next to date there. Maybe I'm not used to it. Perhaps a small icon right before the beginning of the title? Well, now I know where to actually at first. Thanks @Joe4 for explanation.
You are welcome.

Yes, I think we have all done it once or twice, though that is the first time I have ever seen it done twice by the same person on the same thread!
I just try to remember what my father used to say "Assume nothing!", so I got of the habit of just assuming everything in that list is only from Excel Questions.
(Actually, he had a different saying about ASSUME, but that probably isn't repeatable here!;))

Upvote 0
You are welcome.

Yes, I think we have all done it once or twice, though that is the first time I have ever seen it done twice by the same person on the same thread!
I just try to remember what my father used to say "Assume nothing!", so I got of the habit of just assuming everything in that list is only from Excel Questions.
(Actually, he had a different saying about ASSUME, but that probably isn't repeatable here!;))
Need to add the same day as well. Now I'm the new world record holder ?

Upvote 0
I wonder if *swindel has reviewed the thread or what latest status is.

Upvote 0
Hello, sorry i was in a holiday and just viewed the reply today.. Actually the data will be the result of a query. So the best option is VBA to count all fields in the row having criteria.

Upvote 0
Hi Micron, Yes.. i can understand basic MS Access VBA, but the problem for this is at the moment i still study the concept of organizing the code.. for this instance i supposed to used DAO to read the table/query and use for each to read a fields in a row. Maybe new table containing my unique key and a field containing the total count will be a best option.

Upvote 0
for this instance i supposed to used DAO to read the table/query and use for each to read a fields in a row.
Yes, but you would need 2 loops; the outer for moving through records and the inner to check each field for your criteria value - only if you stick with your current table/query that you first posted.

Upvote 0
Yes, but you would need 2 loops; the outer for moving through records and the inner to check each field for your criteria value - only if you stick with your current table/query that you first posted.
You mean, i can use Do While to read all the record first and next the inner will be for loop or for each?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back