VBA to create confidential money statement for customers

sloopbuy

Office Version
  1. 2021
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, I'm looking to create a statement generator for confidential information (that is hidden in a protected tab). When a client requests their statement, my team mate will enter in the client ID, click "generate" and a statement generates. I'm looking to do two things:
  • Keep a log of what statements are generated (another tab that tracks the Client ID, date generated and time generated)
  • Create a new spreadsheet with the statement information and input a unique password (the password is auto generated and already in a cell in another tab in the workbook)
Does anyone have any ideas on how to create this? Thanks

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Hi sloopbuy,
Welcome to the board.

Statement generation part of your query can be achieved using formulae. But, for automated log statement and password protected statement report creation, you would need VBA.

hth...

Upvote 0
Hi sloopbuy,
Welcome to the board.

Statement generation part of your query can be achieved using formulae. But, for automated log statement and password protected statement report creation, you would need VBA.

hth...
Hi fadee2. Thanks for the advice. I was planning on using formulas for the statement and think I have a handle on this part. Any thoughts on how to set up the VBA for the two bullet points?
  • Keep a log of what statements are generated (another tab that tracks the Client ID, date generated and time generated)
  • Create a new spreadsheet with the statement information and input a unique password (the password is auto generated and already in a cell in another tab in the workbook)

Upvote 0
There are 2 ways to go with your bullet points.

First one would be to use a save and create button on the worksheet and bind a code to it, to create log report and to create a separate password protected worksheet.
But if you do not want to go through the hassle of pressing a save and create button you can use worksheet selection change event to complete the same tasks. That would be your second option.

Personally, I would go with the first option, as it give me more control over the code.

hth...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back