VBA to create new workbook from most recent user-numbers from an exported list

fabrizioserra

Dear all,

I need to create a macro that can produce a new workbook with the list of the most recent users of my company, so that we can print their membership cards.

From my company's admin I can export the complete list of users with their name, serial number and address. Every time we export this list, the file is saved as "userdata-dd-mm-yyyy.xls", and "dd-mm-yyyy" as today

However, I would like to create a macro that would
1) open the most recent "userdata-dd-mm-yyyy.xls" workbook in the folder,
2) compare the user numbers in this file with the most recent "card_order-dd-mm-yyyy.xls" and
3) produce a new "card_order-dd-mm-yyyy.xls" workbook with the list of all new users since the last "card_order-dd-mm-yyyy.xls" ("dd-mm-yyyy" as today), based on the highest number for user number (this is a continuous list)

Note, the "userdata-dd-mm-yyyy.xls" workbook has name, serial number, address, expiration date and user number as columns.... but the extracted info to "card_order-dd-mm-yyyy.xls" is just of the name, serial number and expiration date.

What is the easiest way of doing so and what code should I use for the macro?

Thanks a lot and let me know if my explanation is not clear :)

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlesAlsop

This Week's Hot Topics