VBA to drag formulas into next blank column and hard paste the figures in previous section

malikumair56

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi guys,

I am a noob in VBA but love playing with it, i am after a code which can copy a formula from one column and paste the formula in the next column, once done then hard paste the figure in previous column where the formula was first dragged from.
I tried using MACRO by recording but that wont help as that will only repeat from the same column rather then moving to next column.
FOr example, i have billing per month and also revenue per month, Billing for Jan is in Column N and Revenue for Jan is in column AB, once the month end is done, to start a new month, i want the VBA to drag the formula from Column N to column O and same for Column AB to Column AC and once the ula is dragged, hard pasted the figures in Column N and Column AB.
Pic is attached for reference. Thanks in advance
1611324177302.png

The reason i ask for explanation, so i can do the same in the next sheet in the same workbook.
I want to do the same in the next sheet named "Retainer Fee" to drag formula from Row 14 from Column E and Column R to the next column F and S respectively.
1611491631704.png

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
I will write an explanation but it will have to wait until I feel a bit better.

Upvote 0
Rich (BB code):
With Range(Cells(33, Cells(33, 25).End(xlToLeft).Column)
Cells is made up of a row reference and a column reference.
The 33 is straightforward and is the first row with the formula.

Rich (BB code):
Cells(33, 25).End(xlToLeft).Column
The 33 is as already stated is the first row with the the formula, the 25 is the last column that we are going to be filling to so Y33.

The End(xlToLeft) is making the code look from Y33 to the left until it finds some data i.e. the column with the formulas. So on the first run it will find N33. The .Column just returns the column number.
So at the moment we have Range(Cells(33, 14),

Rich (BB code):
, Columns(Cells(33, 25).End(xlToLeft).Column).Find("*", , xlFormulas, , xlByRows, xlPrevious))
The Cells(33, 25).End(xlToLeft).Column is the same as above and returns 14 on the first run (and I could have/should have assigned it to a variable).
So you now get Columns(14).Find("*", , xlFormulas, , xlByRows, xlPrevious) The Find part is finding the last used cell in column 14

So you now have Range(
First cell with formula in Column N, Last cell with formula in column N)

Rich (BB code):
.Offset(, 1).Formula = .Formula
.Offset(, 1) Refers to the next column and so it is just putting the formula in the next column.

Rich (BB code):
.Value = .Value
Is just converting the original column with the formula to Values

Upvote 0
HI Mark, hope you are well, me again with help, please.
I have added some of the new columns so change some of the number from the code, also as a safetly added a message ask before code to ensure its not mistakenly click.
NOw i need help as now the VBA is not exactly workly which i believe due to data already exist in the cells.
The formula is now in Column P, which needs to be dragged to next column Q, as formula which i understood from your explanation picks where until it has data now data is in all the cells.
As for example Jan is actual but in Feb its forecast number, when formula is dragged it will replace the data in column Q with the formulas so actual number of Feb is populated.
IS this something you can help please?

1611819783867.png

The VBA is have in there is below
Sub Rollover()
response = MsgBox("Are You Sure You Are Rolling Over?", vbYesNo)

If response = vbNo Then
MsgBox ("VBA Ending")
Exit Sub

End If
With Range(Cells(34, Cells(34, 27).End(xlToLeft).Column), Columns(Cells(34, 27).End(xlToLeft).Column).Find("*", , xlFormulas, , xlByRows, xlPrevious))
.Value = .Value
End With

With Range(Cells(34, Cells(34, 41).End(xlToLeft).Column), Columns(Cells(34, 41).End(xlToLeft).Column).Find("*", , xlFormulas, , xlByRows, xlPrevious))
.Value = .Value
End With
End Sub

Thanks a ton

Upvote 0
What row number is the row with the words "Actual" and "Forecast" on? (it would be a lot easier if you could use the boards XL2BB app to post screenshots rather than post partial images as it avoids such questions)

Upvote 0
HI Mark, Thanmks your reply.
I tried using XL2BB but i think its my company laptop so wont be able to use:(

1611821712743.png

Upvote 0
Try the code below (please note that the code will error if the word Actual isn't within the range on row 5).

VBA Code:
Sub Rollover()
    Dim StartCol As Long, StartCol2 As Long, response As String

response = MsgBox("Are You Sure You Are Rolling Over?", vbYesNo)

If response = vbNo Then
        MsgBox ("VBA Ending")
        Exit Sub
    End If

StartCol = Range("P5:AA5").Find("Actual", , xlValues, xlWhole, xlByColumns, xlPrevious, False).Column
    With Range(Cells(34, StartCol), Columns(StartCol).Find("*", , xlFormulas, , xlByRows, xlPrevious))
        .Value = .Value
    End With

StartCol2 = Range("AD5:A05").Find("Actual", , xlValues, xlWhole, xlByColumns, xlPrevious, False).Column
    With Range(Cells(34, StartCol2), Columns(StartCol2).Find("*", , xlFormulas, , xlByRows, xlPrevious))
        .Value = .Value
    End With
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back