VBA to find the closest meeting date and return the date and meeting values into textboxes

stirlingmw

Board Regular
I am trying to get my userform to populate with data from a worksheet "Project Master" based on a Combobox selection "CmbFindProject". The form populates fine apart from 1 set of data. This data is a list of Meeting types and dates. There is currently 1 Combobox "ComboBox1" and 2 textboxes "TxtUpDat" and "TxtStake". when the userform is open and a project is selected, i can select a meeting type from the list in Combobox1, this then populates the other 2 textboxes. What i would like to do though is for the code to find the closest date to today (not past) and show this date, the Meeting Type (in Combobox1) and the stakeholders associated with that meeting in TxtStake.
The columns in the Project Master that contain the data are -
BE meeting type 1 date
BF Meeting type 1 Stakeholders
BG meeting type 2 date
BH Meeting type 2 Stakeholders
BI meeting type 3 date
BJ Meeting type 3 Stakeholders
and a sample of the code that runs when a selection is made from CmbFindProject is

Code:
totRows = Worksheets("Project Master").Range("A1").CurrentRegion.Rows.count
For i = 2 To totRows
    If Trim(Worksheets("Project Master").Cells(i, 1)) = Trim(CmbFindProject.text) Then
TxtProject.text = Worksheets("Project Master").Cells(i, 1).Value
CmbTeam.text = Worksheets("Project Master").Cells(i, 2).Value
etc..
the cells which return the desired data are
57, 58, 59, 60, 61 and 62

Thanks

Steve

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
A couple of things to think about

Depending where you are, working with dates in VBA can result in problems where VBA swaps between UK and US date formats. I'm in the UK and to avoid these problems I ALWAYS convert to long data type before processing - comparing the underlying number prevents accidental swapping of days and months. It also helps simplify the problem mentally as you're now just comparing numbers

Obviously you'll need a test to ensure the text box value can be converted to a long/date. Maybe use CLng(text string) and see if its between say 40k & 50k?

Have you tried using worksheetfunction.minifs to find the minimum value that's bigger than your start point? MINIFS formula is a recent addition so you may not have it in your version of Excel, but you could create an alternative array formula to evaluate the same thing

HTH

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarahmed1

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back