VBA to GROUP and removing the annoying + and -

manc

Good afternoon,

I have been using the GROUP and UNGROUP function on spreadsheets.
I don't like the + and - buttons down the side of my rows or along the top of the columns.
Can VBA remove this?
For example if cell A1 contained the text "Colour", and by clicking on the text, cells A2, A3, A4, A5 expanded and by clicking on the text again in cell A1, it closed?

Any help is appreciated.
Best regards
Manc

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
I have been using the GROUP and UNGROUP function on spreadsheets.
I don't like the + and - buttons down the side of my rows or along the top of the columns.
Can VBA remove this?
For example if cell A1 contained the text "Colour", and by clicking on the text, cells A2, A3, A4, A5 expanded and by clicking on the text again in cell A1, it closed?
I am not sure exactly what you are asking for... you appear to know about the UNGROUP functionality in Excel and that removes the grouping structure (the plus and minus buttons), so I am not clear on what you want VBA to do for you?

Upvote 0
Mr Rothstein,

Thank-you for your reply.

I don't want the plus and minus to be shown. I have permanent GROUPS, whereby the UNGROUP does not get used. I want to be able to click on cell A1, and it opens the group of A2, A3, A4 and A5. I then want to be able to click on A1 again, and for the group to close, eliminating the need for the plus and minus down the left hand side. I can have cascading GROUPS, sometimes 7 deep - and with all the plus and minus signs, it takes up valuable screen space and looks horrible. I want VBA to do the GROUP open and closing of cells.

Best regards
manc

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back