VBA to list page numbers across workbook

Jriley_11

I have a workbook that will contain a different number of sheets and in different order depending on the scenario that is auto populated using VBA.
The format the company uses for numbering the sheets is "Page 1 Of 10" (for example) with "page 1 of" in one cell and "10" in the cell next to it. I need code to auto populate "page 1 of", "page 2 of", page 3 of", etc. in each visible sheet. The cell range is the same of every sheet (A9 & A10). I was thinking I can use a list and write code to copy each line in the list to each subsequent sheet. Does anyone know how I could write this, or even have a better way of doing so? The issue I am having is having consolidated information in cell A9. Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
What is the information in A9 and A10? This is not hard. Are you trying to use values in cells for each sheet to determine the page number?

Upvote 0
A9 is "page 1 of", "page 2 of", etc for each page. I just need code to auto write this for me. In some cases ill have 50 sheets and dont want to take time to number them.

Upvote 0
Please try this

VBA Code:
Sub NumberSheets()
  Dim WB As Workbook
  Dim Sht As Worksheet
  Dim Cnt As Long
  Dim CntStr As String
  Dim A As String

Set WB = ThisWorkbook
  Cnt = WB.Sheets.Count
  CntStr = Format(Cnt, "0")

For Each Sht In WB.Worksheets

If Sht.Visible = True Then
      A = Sht.Range("A9").Value
      If UCase(Left(A, 4)) = "PAGE" Then
        If Sht.Name <> A & " " & CntStr Then Sht.Name = A & " " & CntStr
      End If
    End If
  Next Sht

End Sub

Upvote 0
This is changing the sheet names. Basically what I need is code to take each subsequent cell value that's in a column and copy over to the visible sheets in order. For example, the column of values is on sheet1 (say A1:A10). I need to copy Sheet1A1 on sheet2A9, Sheet1A2 on sheet3A9, Sheet1A3 on sheet4A9, etc. Does this make sense?

Upvote 0
Visuals work better for me. Can you post using XL2BB?

How would the macro know which sheet to copy to?

Upvote 0
Are the sheets actually named Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3, etc?

Is the range on Sheet1 A1:A10 constant, or will there be more rows and less rows sometimes?

Do we have to create the sheets as they get copied?

Upvote 0
Thanks for your help bud, turns out I figured out how to do this using concatenate function along with a loop to number visible sheets. I have another line of code I need help with to finish my workbook. Maybe you can help. I need to add a certain number of rows based on a cell value. So if the cell value is 10, I want to add 10 rows into my table on a separate sheet with same formatting as above and below. The cell will be on Sheet1 in cell P20. and the rows I want to add are on sheet2 below row 12.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VanGirl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back