VBA to match two separate column values from single row and update values

truebluewoman

I am looking for a way to update the values in a separate row based on two values matching another rows' values.

1. There will only be a single match found.
2. Range 1 is the source
3. Range 2 is the destination and the lookup array
4. Range 1 and 2 are located on the same worksheet

In 1 row within Range 1, I have a value in column "G" and a different value in column "M". I have named the Range 2 area, but I will just use "Range 2" for ease.
In the lookup range, I want to find where the cell value in Range 1 Column "G" = the cell value in Range 2 column "F" and Range 1 Column "M" cell value = Range 2 Column "E" cell value

After the match is found, I need to set the values in that specific row in Range 2 so that

Range 2 "H" cell value = Range 1 "N" cell value
Range 2 "I" cell value = Range 1 "S" cell value
Range 2 "J" cell value = Range 1 "R" cell value

The reason I need that is because various options selected will generate different values in range 1, but the values in range 2 are static.

I have uploaded images of the two ranges so you can see the layout.

Example:

I want the values "National Managers Conference", "$2,500", "Jan-20" from Range 1 to populate Columns H, I, and J respectively on the row that has "Line Item 2" and "6570", because those match the values in columns "M" and "G" from Range 1.

I have done something similar but not on two matches in two separate ranges.

I would like to "trigger this" at each change of a value; which I have done with the "If Intersect(Target, Range("VAR_OPTIONS")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub" command, but I can't seem to write the correct if/and statement conditions to match the target row's information (from Range 1) against the destination "Range 2" row's columns. I was thinking something like this (the brackets mean, I don't know how to write this).

VBA Code:
If Sheets("3-Other Personnel Exp").Range("G" & Target.row).Value = [Column "F" in range 2] And Sheets("3-Other Personnel Exp").Range("M" & Target.row).Value = [Column "E" in range 2] Then

[Column "H".for range 2 matched row].Value = Sheets("3-Other Personnel Exp").Range("N"&Target.row).Value
[Column "I".for range 2 matched row].Value = Sheets("3-Other Personnel Exp").Range("S"&Target.row).Value
[Column "J".for range 2 matched row].Value = Sheets("3-Other Personnel Exp").Range("R"&Target.row).Value

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Attachments

• Range 1 - Source.PNG
    Range 1 - Source.PNG
    36.1 KB · Views: 50
  • Range 2 - Destination (Partial).PNG
    Range 2 - Destination (Partial).PNG
    14.6 KB · Views: 51
Should it always find correct values in range2? It should not stuck in loop if its finding a match

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Okey, it seems like we can't get anywhere XD How about I will just write code that copy/paste values based on 2 separates conditons that works 100% and you will figure how to apply it in your VBA?

I am not working with intersect that often but I think somethings there is causing my code to crash

Upvote 0
Okey, it seems like we can't get anywhere XD How about I will just write code that copy/paste values based on 2 separates conditons that works 100% and you will figure how to apply it in your VBA?

I am not working with intersect that often but I think somethings there is causing my code to crash
I can work around that. Like I said, your help is very appreciated and I thank you again for your assistance so far. It's given me some ideas as well.

Upvote 0
My reference in this code is active cell. You have to change that somehow to be working with your code.

VBA Code:
Sub okey()

Dim Rel As Long
Dim Find1
Dim Find2
Dim i As Long

Rel = ActiveCell.Row

Find1 = Range("G" & Rel).Value
Find2 = Range("M" & Rel).Value

i = 71
Do Until Range("E" & i) = Find2 And Range("F" & i) = Find1
i = i + 1

Loop
Range("H" & i).Value = Range("N" & Rel).Value
Range("I" & i).Value = Range("S" & Rel).Value
Range("J" & i).Value = Range("R" & Rel).Value

End Sub

You need to add your sheet's name and change AcitveCell somehow to get what you want. Anyway, this VBA works. I checked on your data on the same ranges. Good luck!
Please let me know how it goes

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharmarick

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back