Vba to print sheet in portrait mode

ipbr21054

Office Version
  1. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Evening,
On my worksheet i click on Print,i then see a userform pop up with the option of printing 1 or 2 copies.
The code for this is shown below.

Today for some unknown reason it prints landscape mode & then only half of the sheet.
I was thinking if its possible to add vba to the existing code to force it to print in portrait.
Can you advise if possible please & where i need to make the edit.
Thanks

Rich (BB code):
Private Sub PrintOneInvoice_Click()
  Call Print_Invoice(1)
End Sub
Private Sub PrintTwoInvoice_Click()
  Call Print_Invoice(2)
End Sub
Private Sub Print_Invoice(n As Long)
Unload InvoicePrintForm
  Dim strFileName As String
  If Range("L18") = "" Then
    MsgBox ("PLEASE SELECT A PAYMENT TYPE "), vbCritical, "PAYMENT TYPE WAS NOT SELECTED"
    Range("L18").Select
    Unload InvoicePrintForm
    Exit Sub
  End If
  ActiveSheet.PrintOut Copies:=n

MsgBox "ONCE PRINTED PLEASE CLICK THE OK BUTTON" & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & "TO SAVE INVOICE " & Range("L4").Value & " THEN TO CLEAR CURRENT INFO", vbExclamation + vbOKOnly, "PRINT SAVE & CLEAR MESSAGE"
  Unload InvoicePrintForm
  strFileName = "C:\Users\Ian\Desktop\REMOTES ETC\DR\DR COPY INVOICES\" & Range("L4").Value & ".pdf"
  If Dir(strFileName) <> vbNullString Then
    MsgBox "INVOICE " & Range("L4").Value & " WAS NOT SAVED AS IT ALLREADY EXISTS", vbCritical + vbOKOnly, "INVOICE NOT SAVED MESSAGE"

Exit Sub
  End If
  With ActiveSheet
    .PageSetup.PrintArea = "$F$2:$N$61"
    .ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, Filename:=strFileName, Quality:=xlQualityStandard, IncludeDocProperties:=True, IgnorePrintAreas:=False
    MsgBox "INVOICE " & Range("L4").Value & " WAS SAVED SUCCESSFULLY", vbInformation + vbOKOnly, "INVOICE SAVED SUCCESSFULLY"

Dim i As Long, lRow As Long, ws As Worksheet
    Set ws = Application.Worksheets("DATABASE")
    lRow = ws.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
    For i = 6 To lRow
        If Trim(Range("G13").Value) = Trim(ws.Cells(i, 1).Value) Then

If ws.Cells(i, 16).Value = "" Then
                ws.Cells(i, 16).Value = Range("L4").Value  ' adding invoice number to INV sheet "P"
                ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add ws.Cells(i, 16), Address:="C:\Users\Ian\Desktop\REMOTES ETC\DR\DR COPY INVOICES\" & Range("L4").Value & ".pdf"
                MsgBox "INVOICE " & ws.Cells(i, 16).Value & " WAS HYPERLINKED SUCCESSFULLY.", vbInformation, "HYPERLINK SUCCESSFULL MESSAGE"
            Else
                If MsgBox("COLUMN CELL P ISNT EMPTY " & ws.Cells(i, 16).Value & " IS ENTERED IN IT." & vbNewLine & "WOULD YOU LIKE TO CORRECT IT ?", vbCritical + vbYesNo, "COLUMN P NOT EMPTY MESSAGE") = vbYes Then
                    ws.Activate
                    ws.Cells(i, 16).Select
                End If
                Exit Sub
            End If
        End If

Next i

Range("G27:L36").ClearContents
    Range("G46:G50").ClearContents
    Range("L18").ClearContents
    Range("L4").Value = Range("L4").Value + 1
    Range("G13").ClearContents
    Range("G13").Select
    ActiveWorkbook.Save
  End With
End Sub

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Just an update if you could advise please.
I have the following code in use but have an issue which i am unable to see the answer.

Example of issue.
If a file is already presently saved in the folder then when the below code is run straight away i see the message WAS NOT SAVED ETC ETC
My question is why does the code not advise PLEASE SELECT A PAYMENT TYPE first if cell L18 is empty ?

If there file isnt in the folder all is ok so i dont see why the code runs out of place,make sense ?
The code should check cell L18 first then proceed through the code then advise if file exists.

Rich (BB code):
Private Sub PrintOneInvoice_Click()
  Dim strFileName As String
  If Range("L18") = "" Then
    MsgBox ("PLEASE SELECT A PAYMENT TYPE "), vbCritical, "PAYMENT TYPE WAS NOT SELECTED"
    Range("L18").Select
    Unload InvoicePrintForm
    Exit Sub
  End If

strFileName = "C:\Users\Ian\Desktop\REMOTES ETC\DR\DR COPY INVOICES\" & Range("L4").Value & ".pdf"
  If Dir(strFileName) <> vbNullString Then
    MsgBox "INVOICE " & Range("L4").Value & " WAS NOT SAVED AS IT ALLREADY EXISTS", vbCritical + vbOKOnly, "INVOICE NOT SAVED MESSAGE"
  Exit Sub

End If
    With ActiveSheet
    .ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, Filename:=strFileName, Quality:=xlQualityStandard, IncludeDocProperties:=True, IgnorePrintAreas:=False
    MsgBox "INVOICE " & Range("L4").Value & " WAS SAVED SUCCESSFULLY", vbInformation + vbOKOnly, "INVOICE SAVED SUCCESSFULLY"
  End With
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back