VBA to pull text from one cell to another.

CubeMonkey

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
🤓 Good day my fellow nerds,

I need help so I came here to see what Master Nerd could be so kind to solve this issue I am having.

What I am trying to do:
Using VBA, I would like to pull text from one cell to another based on a Start Date.

Example:
  1. Text in Cell B11 is "Feed them cheap banana's".
  2. I would like the text in that cell to be displayed in Cell M11 [Attachment: CubeMonkey Co 001.PNG]
  3. I'm assuming this can be done somehow using the Start Date (Cell C11)
  4. I am looking to display the text over the color on this Gantt Chart Calendar.
  5. The text in Column B will always be on the corresponding Row. For example: B11 text to project to M11, as B12 to project to Date on line 12 which is Q due to the date, B13 to Date on line 13 to L due to the date.

Issue:
  1. I have no idea how to do this.
  2. Cell C4 changes the week view. If any other week is selected, I would like the text to change also in correlation to the Start Date. [Attachment: CubeMonkey Co 002.PNG]
  3. Please see the included spreadsheet pictures.

Note:
I tried uploading a Mini-Sheet and it would not work. If you would like the actual file like me know and I can send it somehow.

Please help!

P.S. If you read this, please leave a Banana in the post thread to show your support. I am just a Monkey stuck a cubicle in CubeCity. Feel the pain? Feed the Monkey! 🍌

-CubeMonkey🐒

Attachments

• CubeMonkey Co 001.PNG
    CubeMonkey Co 001.PNG
    51 KB · Views: 13
  • CubeMonkey Co 002.PNG
    CubeMonkey Co 002.PNG
    49.6 KB · Views: 12

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
You can use the method Range().Value to read and write values to cells. So you can do Range("M11").Value = Range("B11").Value. Then it's just a matter of making an If statement and a loop to check all the dates.

Upvote 0
You can use the method Range().Value to read and write values to cells. So you can do Range("M11").Value = Range("B11").Value. Then it's just a matter of making an If statement and a loop to check all the dates.

Mortiray,

Thak you for your reply. Is that a VBA thing? Could you be so kind to point me to a thread or site that would explain more so I can learn more about what you speak of?

I'm not the brightest Monkey but eager to learn.

Bananas for you my friend! 🍌 🍌 🍌

-CubeMonkey🐒

Upvote 0

Also, this last post lead me to make this one.

Upvote 0
Mortiray,

Thak you for your reply. Is that a VBA thing? Could you be so kind to point me to a thread or site that would explain more so I can learn more about what you speak of?

I'm not the brightest Monkey but eager to learn.

Bananas for you my friend! 🍌 🍌 🍌

-CubeMonkey🐒
It is specifically for Excel VBA. Go to Range.Value property (Excel) to read more about Range.Value and its uses

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back