VBA - transfer data from one worksheet to another based on unique reference

jess88

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I'm a new user to VBA, and a bit stuck!

I've developed a form (Sheet A) which has a series of boxes to be completed to report on the status of a project. Once complete the user presses a macro-enabled submit button, then the code within VBA identifies the unique reference and copies the information across to the relevant worksheet (Sheets B - I). For most of the text boxes I have code which copies the information to the correct cells on the destination worksheet. At the end of the Sub, it then resets Sheet A for the next submission.

I am now on the final section for data transfer within this Sub. I have a table on Sheet A (populating cells C23:M32). I want to copy all rows in this table containing data, and paste them in a table on the corresponding sheet (B-I) (table range C24:M24). The data should be pasted into the next available row. Any blank rows from table on the source sheet should be ignored. Once they have been copied across, the cell in column B in the corresponding row should be dated with the day of submission (this can be taken from the main form if required).

I've uploaded two screenshots - the first is the reporting form (sheet A). You can see the cells I'm referring to in the table with the drop down. The second is one of the destination sheets of which there are 8 (Sheets B - I). The reference in cell G7 on the reporting form determines which sheet the information is entered into. As you can see, the script currently allows the text from the other boxes to populate the destination sheet ("test" in C9 and F9), but the next bit is where the script enters an issue!

Any help would really be appreciated!

Attachments

• reporting form.png
    reporting form.png
    54.9 KB · Views: 57
  • destination sheet.png
    destination sheet.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 57

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Hi and welcome to MrExcel.

I have a table on Sheet A (populating cells C23:M32). I want to copy all rows in this table containing data, and paste them in a table on the corresponding sheet (B-I) (table range C24:M24).
For that part, use the following code:

VBA Code:
Sub Transfer_Data()
  Dim shA As Worksheet, shd As Worksheet
  Dim i As Long, j As Long

Set shA = Sheets("Sheet A")
  Set shd = Sheets(shA.Range("G7").Value)

j = 24
  For i = 23 To 31
    If shA.Range("C" & i).Value <> "" Then
      Do While shd.Range("D" & j).Value <> ""
        j = j + 1
      Loop
      shd.Range("B" & j).Value = shA.Range("C" & i).Value
      shd.Range("C" & j).Value = shA.Range("J" & i).Value
      shd.Range("D" & j).Value = shA.Range("M" & i).Value
    End If
  Next
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back