VBA transferring cells with defined content from a worsheet to another

bbnhn

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hello everyone,

I would like to know how I could transfer cells from a worksheet to another, regarding the content of the cells. For instance, I have a first worksheet with cells that can contain "january" or, "february", or any months, and then I have a different worksheets for each month.
I would like for each cell containing the word "January" in my first worksheet to go to the worksheet named january, and so on. Any idea on how I could do it ?

Also, here the entire exercise I'm trying to make :

"You have data in eight columns. Each cell is prefaced with a month's name. You also have twelve other worksheets, each named after a month. The goal is to sort the data into the worksheet whose name is on the left of the | symbol, and perform a basic operation on it.

Write a macro that looks at all the data from column 3 and, into the right worksheet, displays 10 times itself if the value is negative, -10if it is positive, and 20if it is 0.

Write another macro that transfers all the data from column 7 into the right worksheet, and displays whether the string fits a pattern as an honorific, a full name, and a date of birth."

Struggling because the instructions are not very clear ! I managed to split the datas, but for the rest...If anyone has the time to help... :)

Attachments

• vba.png
    vba.png
    226.9 KB · Views: 17

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back