VBA trim data with space not from spacebar

FryGirl

Office Version
Platform
Windows
I have a two full columns of data that I need to trim. I can see the extra space at the end, but it's not a simple space from the spacebar. This data is downloaded from an Oracle database which as the source, I have no control over.

I used =CODE(RIGHT(V2)) to see what the space is and I get the value of 9. Is this the right way to determine what the character and the end is?

Here is what the data looks like.

BMOEAE
BMOEA0
BMOEAC

How can I use VBA to trim column V and column Z in one shot?

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.

Fluff

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
Try
Code:
Sub FryGirl()
Range("V:V,Z:Z").Replace Chr(9), "", xlPart, , , , False, False
End Sub

kweaver

Office Version
365, 2010
Are there always 6 characters then the Oracle character, whatever it is?

Why not just use LEFT to take the left-most 6 or use SUBSTITUTE to change that code to whatever else you wan it to be?

FryGirl

Office Version
Platform
Windows
@Fluff, Thank you that works great.

@ Kweaver, column z is 8 characters, but Fluff's code did it. Thanks.

Fluff

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tryintouseexcel

This Week's Hot Topics

• Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop
    Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop I have tried this below code but i'm getting in Y column filled with W005. Colud you please...
  • MsgBox Error
    Hi Guys, I have the below error show up when i try and run my macro in File1 but works fine if i copy and paste the same code into file2. [ATTACH...
  • CELL FORMAT - IF CONDITION
    My Cell Format is [B]""0.00" Cr". [/B]But in the cell, it is showing 123.00 for editing. (123 is entry figure). (Data imported from other...
  • Show numbers nearly the same
    Is this possible. I have a number that can change very time eg 0.00001234 Then I have a lot of numbers 0.0000001, 0.0000002, 0.00000004...
  • Please i need your help to create formula
    I need a formula in cell B8 to do this >>if b1=1 then multiply ( cell b8) by 10% ,if b1=2 multiply by 20%,if=3 multiply by 30%. Thank you in...
  • Got error while adding column and filter
    Got error while adding column and filter In column Z has some like "Success" and "Error". I want to add column in AA if the Z cell value is...