VBA User Form - Finding cell and inserting data

chrishartley999

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello everyone,
I'm very new to VBA, as I have only now encountered a project that needs it for ease of use by a user. I'm pretty fluent in standard formulas, but VBA has me stumped in terms of the language/commands I need to make this happen.

I have quite a decently sized workbook that will act as a user/client's nutrition and exercise yearly planner and tracker (i.e. personal database almost). The data is to be entered by the user periodically/weekly from the user form. I'm looking to insert data ('Activity Level:') from a combo box (named "Activity") to the appropriate cell on the sheet "Food", dependent on the 'Week Start:' combo box (named "WeekStartDropDown") date that is selected. Due to the original setup of the sheets/workbook I'm thinking of searching for the date selected (since there'll never be a duplicate of that date) in the "Food" sheet, offset the selection from column AC to P, then when the user hits the continue button to enter the data in that cell.

Pics attached for reference, thanks in advance :)

Weekly Data Entry.png
IMG_20201224_004706.jpg

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
It would be easier to help and test a possible solution if you could upload a copy of your file (de-sensitized if necessary) to a free site such as www.box.com or www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here.

Upvote 0
Try:
VBA Code:
Private Sub ContinueButton_Click()
    Dim rDate As Range
    Set rDate = Sheets("Food").Range("AC:AC").Find(CDate(WeekStartDropDown.Value), LookIn:=xlValues, lookat:=xlWhole)
    If Not rDate Is Nothing Then
        Sheets("Food").Range("P" & rDate.Row) = Activity.Value
    End If
    MsgBox "Data has been entered.", vbDefaultButton1, "Success"
    Unload UserDataEntry
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back