VBA UserForm Search/Update Help

hittheroadjacc

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm in the process of making a training tracker for multiple office sections. I was able to create a data entry form that will send an individual's information to the sheet for their respective section. However, the only solution I could think of to easily update old information without making a new entry is a UserForm. This is the first time I've used with macros so I'm having trouble making/finding a code that will search all of the sheets (vs one single sheet) for the individual's name then update the training date(s) for that individual. Hopefully this makes sense, any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• Entry Form.png
    Entry Form.png
    116.1 KB · Views: 18
  • VBA.png
    VBA.png
    218.1 KB · Views: 17

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Hi

Welcome to forum

My initial thoughts are that a database application like Access would probably be better suited to your need & may be worth your while investigating this before getting too deep in your project.

That aside, you could make a search function that will search ALL the worksheets in your workbook that returns the range of the record but forum would need to understand if you are searching for unique values in the range or if there will be multiple instances of the search value like Surnames, Smith, Jones etc?

For forum to be able to assist, post All your code using VBA tags (menu bar VBA) and place your code between them

Also, helpful if can provide copy of your worksheet with some dummy data using MrExcel Addin XL2BB - Excel Range to BBCode

Or if possible, place copy of your workbook (with dummy data) in a file sharing site like Dropbox & provide a link to it

Dave

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back