VBA Userforms Approach

kxs003

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello All,

I am new to VBA so apologies in advance for any "noob" questions. I recently (2 weeks in) started watching YouTube videos and reading various books to learn VBA to increase efficiency.
I am reaching out to get thoughts on my planned approach and any resources that anyone can point me toward.

So here is what I'm trying to do:
I want to create a product configurator that allows users to pick a platform, which leads to a dropdown to pick a camera and radar. The camera and radar will be dependent on the platform picked by the user.
After making the various selections, I would want a part number generated along with pricing. This will ultimately be distributed to users non-excel users so I was planning to create a Userform as this seemed like the most user friendly approach. Is what I'm trying to accomplish possible with user forms? Does anyone have an example that they may have used in the past? Is there a better approach? Any videos that show advance usersfroms, just so I can get an idea of what's out there, YouTube doesn't really answer the mail?

The attached image shows the platform that the user would select along with the compatible radar/camera options available to the user (highlighted in tan and blue for Platform #1 and #2)based on the platform selection. The output would be based on the user selection and would provide a part number and price.

Thank you in advance

Attachments

• PN Example.JPG
    PN Example.JPG
    221.7 KB · Views: 13

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.

Google similar : "dependent drop down" or "dependent combo boxes"

Upvote 0
Thank you for the quick reply! I will try this, probably in few weeks as I read through userforms, and follow up with any additional help. If you have any other resources I will gladly take them.
Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rohitsomani

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back