VBA = VBScript ?

Big Monkey

What's up guys!

http://www.w3schools.com/default.asp

I was browsing around and was reading some stuff on the w3schools site. Was kind of bored and wanted to make myself sleepy so I can get some rest for work tommorow.

I stumbled on a link to learn VBScript and it looks a whole lot like VBA. Now I'm by far no expert in VBA, but the things I've learned from this forum got me a promotion and a bonus this year so far :p (Thanks again to you all!!)

Anywho. I have a user form that I created that is used by almost 100 users. I've always wondered if there was a way to port it to a web based platform. I've thought about teaching myself about SQL, ASP, Java, XML and all that stuff.

When I ran across that VBScript link, I came right here. So my question is...would it be possible to port a user form in Excel to VBScript and make it into a web based application? Don't know if I'm phrasing that correctly, but hopefully you guys get the idea.

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
This isn't really an answer, I don't know if it's possible to put a UserForm on the web but I do know that although similar, VBA and VBScript are different. Check out this MSDN page:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...html/b290aac9-6562-4744-b2bc-c7cb786724e9.asp

Web development has never been my thing and you don't say what your UserForm does but from what I've seen PHP seems to be a whole lot easier to learn than Java/ASP etc. Just a thought...

Upvote 0
You have to make the distinction between the language and elements that you have manipulated using the language by interfacing with other libraries. Your userform has nothing to do with VBA, but is an object created from the MSForms library.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FreeCricketId

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back