VBA Won't calculate. Need desperate assistance.

hellfire45

Pretty desperate here. I've wasted a lot of time.

I have a very complex worksheet that changes the name of a customer in a field "E1". This cell is tied to every formula in the worksheet. So I have a loop that changes the name in E1 and then calculates and generates an exported worksheet. It's supposed to do this about 20 iterations.

The code doesn't error and it exports and saves the worksheets but they don't calculate before exporting. They should all have very different numbers but they all come out the same. If I stop the code and go into the worksheet and hit SHIFT + F9 the sheet calculates.

Based on the code below, in which the line "Application.Calculate" is supposed to calculate the file, is there a way for me to guarantee that this worksheet (VBNamed "COM") will calculate? What can I do to make sure this thing doesn't jump the application.calculate line without calculating?

Thank you so much!

Code:
For xlist = Application.Match("Customer Name", ref.Columns(1), 0) + 1 To lastreport            
Application.StatusBar = "Phase 8: Generating Customer Report " & xlist - 2 & " of " & lastreport - 2 & " Reports Complete..."
            If COM.FilterMode = True Then COM.ShowAllData

'resets all filtering in all of the meaningful worksheets.  This incldues the main report sheet which might undergo some truncating via hiding rows lateron.
            'resets the manufacturer store to the next in the rotation of vendors
            'sets the customer name in the header which ties to most formulae on the worksheet
            customername = ref.Cells(xlist, reportcolumn).value
            z = Application.Match("*", COM.Rows("1:1"), 0)
            COM.Cells(1, z).value = customername
            'ActiveSheet.Calculate
        [B]    Application.Calculate
                  [/B]
            'creates individual copies of customer commit reports
            Set WBNEW = Workbooks.Add
            lastr = COM.Columns(1).Find("*", , xlValues, , xlRows, xlPrevious).Row
            voidsku = Application.Match("voidsku", COM.Rows(commit_first_row), 0)
            COM.Range("$A$2:$BS$" & lastr).AutoFilter Field:=Application.Match("voidsku", COM.Rows(commit_first_row), 0), Criteria1:="0", Operator:=xlFilterValues

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Do you have calculation set to Manual for some reason?

Do you have EnableCalculation false for some worksheets?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Do you have calculation set to Manual for some reason?

Do you have EnableCalculation false for some worksheets?

I don't have enable calculation set to false but I do have the automation set to Manual calculation because I can't have this thing calculating each time something happens. So I tell it to calculate when it needs to.

I am doing the following:

Code:
Application.DisplayAlerts = FalseApplication.CalculateBeforeSave = False
Application.Calculation = xlManual
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.EnableEvents = False

Any other ideas about how to force a calculation guaranteed?

Upvote 0
Hey hellfire..... have you tried to refresh the data(sheet ;workbook) before it calculates.....

also can you try the below...

Application.EnableEvents = True

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey hellfire..... have you tried to refresh the data(sheet ;workbook) before it calculates.....

also can you try the below...

Application.EnableEvents = True

Application.EnableEvents = True was a good suggestion but this didn't fix it. Is it possible the worksheet is corrupt or something?

Upvote 0
Hi hellfire....

about the sheet cant say....but....if you feel that would suggest you to export all the modules from VBA and then save the sheet as .xls close the file, reopen it from the new saved path and import the modules and save the book as a macro enabled or binary and try it...

aso would request you to a add a line to your code which will refresh the entire sheet(workbook) and then try to calculate before creating/exporting data to new sheets.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back