VBA Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment

mark hansen

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a workbook that I use as a template to create other workbooks where the user collects information and sends that data to a data file. The main (starter) workbook is well used in many scenarios so I feel the VBA code is solid. The workbook was created so the only thing that need changing is the information that goes in the data string, the VBA code does not need changing. All the information the code needs (Path and File name for the data file, etc) is in a "Configuration" worksheet. so, I'm pretty sure the Worksheet_selectionsChange event is good, that's where the problem is showing up.

To help the user enter data I use a Worksheet_SelectionsChange event to allow them to click on various cells to enter text, or bring up a pop up to pick the data they need. That's where the problems is now. When I click on cell I get the above error in the subject on a line that says If (Left(range("AL" & ActiveCell.Row).value,1) = "R" then the word "Left" is highlighted.

OK Here are the changes that may have caused this. To aid with data collection, I have the user collecting data from our main frame through the Reflections Workspace program. I have code, running in Excel, that looks at the screen and captures information in certain places, and enters it into specific cells so it will be included in the data string. In order to get that to work, I needed to add the following reflections libraries ---- "Reflections for Unix and Open VMS" and "Reflections for Unix and Open VMS ActiveX Control 1.0 Type Library"

Any ideas on what would cause the "Left" function to stop working?

Thanks for any insight.
Mark

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
It sounds like one of those libraries has its own Left function. Use VBA.Left instead.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back