VBHTML maker installation

TryingToLearn

Using excel 2003 and XP

followed directions to download vbhtml maker and placed in addins folder. attempts to restart excel or activate the addin result in:

"access to the vba project is not trusted"

As far as I know, I have all security set to low within excel.

I appreciate any help!

-Thanks

For the record, the HTML Maker FAQ is *not* for the VB HTML Maker. The names are (unfortunately) similar, but they are completely separate things. There are no instructions written for installing the VB HTML Maker.

To answer your question, however: You have to go to Tools\Macro\Security and go to the "Trusted publishers" tab (I can't remember if it is the same name in other versions, but this is the tab name in Excel 2003). Check the box for "Trust access to Visual Basic project" and click OK until you have exited the dialogs.

Thanks Kristy.

Now that I'm past the first issue, the next one is even though the VBE HTMLMAKER is checked on the addin list, there doesn't seem to be any access from the toolbars. Am I missing something else?

The VB HTML Maker only works in the VBE. There are no visible toolbars in Excel.

It's been a while since I've used the addin, so I can't remember for certain if it is added to one of the menus there or not. I *do* know that you should have options for it available from the right-click menu, though.

No wonder I'm so confused (not that that's not the normal state of affairs for me...), I'm mixed up between the VBE HTMLMaker and ver 2.42 of HTMLMaker.

VBE HTMLM works fine.

HTMLM 2.42 is the issue I should be addressing. It is installed but returns the error:
Can't find project or library
and:
MISSING: Microsoft Outlook 9.0 Object Library

Of course it can't find the outlook object library, I've never installed outlook and have no desire to. Suggestions for a workaround?

Thanks

Thanks Nate. That's what I thought I remembered from prior experience. Of course it's not so fine this time. I started getting lots more "Can't find project or library" errors and started unchecking more.

Now I simply get the "Can't find project or library" and vba highlights "Left" in the following part of the module:
Code:
    '===Select Range============================================================================================================
    If RangeHasPivotTable(ActiveSheet.UsedRange) Then
        blnPt = True
        On Error Resume Next
        With ActiveSheet.PivotTables(1)
            Set rngSelection = Range(.TableRange2.Address)
            .PivotSelect "", xlLabelOnly
            Set rngPtLabel = Selection
        End With
        Err.Clear
        On Error GoTo 0
        On Error GoTo Errline
    Else
reInput:
        On Error Resume Next
        Set rngSelection = Application.InputBox(strMsg1, Left(strMsg2, 46), Selection.Address, Type:=8)                                       ^^^
        If rngSelection Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
        Err.Clear
        On Error GoTo 0
        On Error GoTo Errline

I've tried it on several workbooks with the same results.

Ok, Ok, finally got to uncheck the missing reference on the right module and it is working now - thank you!

AGAIN!

This is just WEIRD!

I'm back to: "Can't find project or library"
as described 2 messages ago. It does NOT bring up the window with references in it to check or uncheck just as described before.

Anyone have suggestions where to look?

TIA

One key part that it doesn't seem we mentioned: did you save after you unchecked the missing references? I think you need to save it, if I'm remembering correctly.

At any rate, give it a try. It can't hurt.

Go back into the VBE and, with HTML Maker selected in the project window uncheck them again, then click the Save button to save the changes to the HTML Maker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back