Vendors who supply multiple products

PrimitiveExcel

Hello, I am not sure how I should create my table so that I can show a vendor who supplies multiple products along with their contact information. I want to create a table with my vendors in one column with their information in a single row. The problem is I don't know if I have to list the products from vendors in the same cell or if they have to be listed in a single column or row. I want to be able to do the following to my table but I'm not sure how to set up my data:
  • Apply filters in order to select a product I am looking for with appropriate vendors to contact.
  • Apply slicer tool to filter contacts as well e.g. vendors, contractors, and subcontractors

I was thinking something like this. The first example to the right. https://templates.office.com/en-us/Customer-contact-list-TM02930102

If anyone could help me find a solution I would greatly appreciate it!

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Hi,

Without really seeing what your data looks like, I can say one thing for sure. DO NOT put multiple products in one cell, you would want each row of your table to be a unique record. Which would mean the only difference between rows that contain the same vendor/vendor information would be the product. If one vendor supplies you with 10 different products the there should be 10 rows for that vendor.

Ideally you would use two tables. One table for your unique vendors and the other table for your unique items with the corresponding vendor.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok, so say I did that for every vendor who supplied multiple products, will I not be able to get my contact list to eventually look like the list in the link? Even if I create filters?

My goal is to create a spreadsheet that I can go to and search a product or service and have the appropriate contact appear. Is that achievable through filters and slicers?

Upvote 0
I believe that there are many different ways to accomplish what you want. It all depends on how well you set up your data. Try to keep in mind that no matter what, each row of any spreadsheet you create for this purpose is a unique row of data, even if the only difference is a single cell such as a date, part #, supplier, etc.

Without trying to sound redundant... It is all about the DATA.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tanurai

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back