DwightWork

Office Version
  1. 365
So I have been having this same problem for a long time.
I just work around it, by scrolling with my mouse, which can be tedious.
We used to have MS 2016, now we have Office 365. Problem existed on both.
The document is a shared document, old school, not the internet sharing because I need to be able to use the document if the internet goes down. I don't know if that affects anything.
The four other people who use this document don't appear to have the same problem.
This problem does not happen on many, if any, other excel documents.

When I open this excel document it will create a fake copy of the vertical scroll bar.
If I open excel and the window is smaller than my screen, the fake scroll bar stays wherever it appears, see left image, just hovering over a column.
The real scrollbar is accessible if I make excel full screen, and it works. See how I am scrolled to the bottom and the bar reflects that?

If I open excel full screen the fake scrollbar is on the far right, covering the real one. See how the bar appears larger and is on the top, but I am still scroll to the bottom.

I can grab the fake scroll bar and move it, but it does nothing to the document.
I can scroll using my mouse wheel, but on long/large sheets this is tedious.

This is my first post, please let me know if any additional info is needed. I can't upload the document for info sharing reasons.
Thanks.
-Dwight

1643898480946.png

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Hummm…
If you enter the Design Mode (in the Developer Menu Tab) can you "select" that fake scroll bar, if you click it? Or using Contr + Click?
If you don’t' see the Developer tab then first follow this procedure: Show the Developer tab

Bye

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mesh

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back