Very Quick Formula - Any Decimal Rounds Up

LadyGrey26

Hello again. I just need a very quick formula please. I have a column of numbers. The column next to it has the simple formula =A5/14400 but I need that answer to come out in not only a whole number, but if it happens to have a decimal (almost every one will) it needs to round up. For example:

120,010 / 14400 = 8.33

I need that to say 9, not round down to 8.

Thanks so much in advance!

~LG

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.

Matty

Hi,

Try enclosing your formula inside the ROUNDUP function, like =ROUNDUP(yourformula,0)

Matty

LadyGrey26

Awesome! Thanks so much, the second on works like a charm. (The first option, formatting the cells to 0 decimal places, is what I tried first, but Excel automatically rounds anything under .5 down, which was my problem.)

Thank you thank you! Everyone have a good day!

Matty

the second on works like a charm. (The first option, formatting the cells to 0 decimal places, is what I tried first, but Excel automatically rounds anything under .5 down, which was my problem.)
My fault for not reading your question properly in the first place (this may explain why I never did great in my exams at school...).

Glad edited solution worked for you!

Matty

scottylad2

the Ceiling function will do as you wish also, you can control what it rounds up to that way. using 1 will round up to the next whole number, or 0.5 to round up to the next half number etc

Excel Workbook
IJ
Course Dates

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshuaHudsonpTi45

This Week's Hot Topics

• Turn fraction around
    Hello I need to turn a fraction around, for example I have 1/3 but I need to present as 3/1
  • TIme Clock record reformatting to ???
    Hello All, I'd like some help formatting this (Tbl-A)(Loaded via Power Query) [ATTACH type="full" width="511px" alt="PQdata.png"]22252[/ATTACH]...
  • TextBox Match
    hi, I am having a few issues with my code below, what I need it to do is when they enter a value in textbox8 (QTY) either 1,2 or 3 the 3 textboxes...
  • Using Large function based on Multiple Criteria
    Hello, I can't seem to get a Large formula to work based on two criteria's. I can easily get a oldest value based one value, but I'm struggling...
  • Can you check my code please
    Hi, Im going round in circles with a Compil Error End With Without With Here is the code [CODE=rich] Private Sub...
  • Combining 2 pivot tables into 1 chart
    Hello everyone, My question sounds simple but I do not know the answer. I have 2 pivot tables and 2 charts that go with this. However I want to...