Very slow Excel/Word and tabs missing all of a sudden

TheEconometrician

Hello everyone,

Before describing my problem, I wanted to let you know that I did look at related questions but could not see one that matches with the problem I am facing so, I had to open this.
I have also spent days trying to implement solutions suggested on MS forums, YT videos etc. but nothing helped so here I am.

My Excel was super fast as I have a decent PC designed mainly for gaming (Intel i7 8700 CPU, 3.2 GHZ, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070 NVDIA GeForce etc.)
However, 3 days ago, all of a sudden both Excel and Word started to be super slow.
It now takes multiple seconds to move from one cell to the other and scrolling up/down or left/right.
Even when I click on "File" it takes seconds for selections to load.
Another interesting issue was that the tabs on my Excel files disappeared so I have to first make the window smaller and then enlarge it using the icon upper right (the one left to the cross icon) to be able to view the tabs.

I have no other issue in my computer, videos, games all other features as smooth as before but just not MS Office tools.

I would welcome any nothing solved my problem and it is practically impossible to get anything done when things are this slow.

What could be the rootcause of this and what would you suggest? Many thanks in advance and looking forward to your suggestions!!

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
OK, I solved the issue. I took uninstalling and re-installing, so I am putting for everyone's reference.
None of the YT solutions helped.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back