View attached Image

cutephoenixchick86

Okay, my boss gave me this killer project and I just have a brief question to see if anyone thinks I can do this.

Right now, I have a database for business card management.

I have 2 tables

1)Contact Info - Has various contact info fields
2)Business Card Table - Have 2 fields, CardID and Card (field is OLE object to attach business card to the database.

I have the CardID field in a relationship with the same field in Contact Info.

I have 2 questions:

1) I am using Access 2000, and would like to know if there is a way to allow the OLE field to be a jpg attachable field. I did not see it as an option, only .bmp :cry:

2) Is there a way, that when I pull the information up in a form, it can display the attached business card that is attached to the database?

What can I do?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Shannon Ann

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
If your two tables have a relationship defined... which, in this case, they should.... you simply create a query, based on the two tables that pulls in the information you want. You then create a form based on this query. The image, being linked to the Contact table would be displayed on the form.

I'll have to check on the other half of your question. Maybe someone else will respond beforehand.

Upvote 0
When you select Insert Image, click on the Create From File option. This will allow you to Browse and select a .jpg image.

So, you've set a relationship between the two tables and now you can insert a .jpg image. Only thing left to do is create your query to base your form on.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back