View Macros in Excel 2010

horacehill

I am having a tough time trying to view my macros in Excel 2010. I can view and create macros at work on the work computer. I email them to my home. When I get home, I can't view them on my personal computer. I have Excel 2010 at work and home. I went to File-Options-Trust Center and did a few things but to no avail. How do I get my macros to display and run at home? Thanks.

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Hi horacehill,

From either computer, you should be able to key F8 to get a list of available macros, and F11 to open the VB Editor.

Do you know whether the macros you're trying to read are stored in the Workbooks themselves, or stored in a Personal.xlsb file?
If they are in Personal.xlsb on your work computer and you email your workbooks home, the macros won't show up on your home computer because it has (can have) its own Personal.xlsb file.

Upvote 0
JS411: After a little more reading on Mr. Excel, I found that I should be pressing ALT F8 instead of F8 and ALT F11 instead of F11. I will try it at home later today.

Upvote 0
What do you see when you key Alt F8?

Do you see the macro dialog box with no macros listed, or nothing at all?

What process do you use to see the macros at work?

Upvote 0
I see a macro dialog box with no macros listed. At work when I press Alt F8, I see macros in the macro dialog box.

Upvote 0
The key to solving this is to find out where your macros are located when you see them at work.

If they are located in a Personal.xlsb file, and Add-In or other filer only available at your work, then no combination of key strokes from home will make them appear on your home computer.

So from your work computer, key Alt-F8 to get the Macro dialog.

Under the macro list there is a drop down list labeled: "Macros in:" which defaults to "All Open Workbooks" when you first open Excel.
Step through each of the items in the list: This Workbook, Personal.xlsb, .... and for each item listing record the names of the macros that are located in that file. (you could take a screen shot of each list instead of writing those by hand).

Post a summary of where you are finding the macros with an example from each like this:
This Workbook has 10 macros including "CopyLine"
Personal.xlsb has 5 macros including "Module1.Uppercase"

Once we have that, we can get those available on your home computer.

Upvote 0
VBAProject (PERSONAL 3-19-2012.xls) has 9 macros

-- removed inline image ---

VBAProject (PERSONAL.XLSB) has 22 macros

I don't understand what you say about "including "CopyLine" or "including "Module1.Uppercase". Do I need to go to the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications and do something? Please explain.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sienna de Souza

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back