View Resetting when toggling Workbooks

nomar116

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a workbook whose scroll functionality is not working correctly. The problem manifests in two ways:
1. If I scroll down the workbook, and then toggle to a different open workbook, when I return to the original workbook the view will have reset back to where it was when the document was opened. In other words, the scroll "resets" and is not preserved.
2. If I scroll down the workbook, the mouse becomes entirely useless for selecting cells. The selection with the mouse will act as if the workbook was never scrolled.

The only way I've found so far to fix the glitch is to close and reopen the workbook. Sometimes, I'll have to close and reopen multiple times before the glitch goes away. Once the glitch is gone, I won't see this problem again until the workbook is closed and reopened.

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
I have continued to troubleshoot this glitch. If I open a second window for the workbook, the second window works normally. Closing the first window then seems to restore normal functionality to the workbook without having to close and reopen the workbook entirely.

Upvote 0
Anyone seen this issue? It seems it varies depending on the computer used to open the file.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juggernaut24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back