Viewing hidden files

Wellsa

I'm distributing a number of USB devices containing a lot of files and reports which people require regular access to, basically to save printing so much out and havign all the information to hand on such a small object.

The USB device will autorun and show a html file which develops into an index of all of the files and reports held on the device, so people can navigate to the report the need easily and which are cross-referenced where possible.

The problem I am having is that the autorun does not run on our work system due to restrictions in place, I have hidden all of the files but obviously you can set the view options to show these files albeit clearly identifiable as being hidden.

Is there a way to either :

a) hide files beyond the hidden property i.e. as in vba being able to hide worksheets so they aren't visible when you attempt to unhide through the Excel menu; or
b) automatically change the view settings not to show hidden files (ideally not changing if this is already the case, and if it is already set to enable it again once the files have been closed.

I'm not convinced it's possible but I would really appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks.

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back