Visual appearance after spreadsheet is completed.

ZOwNER

Board Regular
Is there a way to make it look nicer when someone opens it up? I usually paint all the cells white so I dont see each individual cell. I have put a border around the data with a cell as the border. Is there a way to make it so it doesnt scroll or anything? Where it opens almost like a picture? :eek:

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Sort of. Have a look under Tools|Options|View and see all the things you can turn on/off. Dont be too zealous though or you may find you cant do anything if you remove all the options. :LOL:

Upvote 0
I guess it just doesn’t look real professional is what I think. Once I'm done with the spreadsheet I'd like to make only the sheet look different not all my sheets that I open in excel. If I change the Tools>Options>View will that change it for only this sheet or for anything I open in excel? So when I send the report to someone it will look like I want it to? I'd like to make it almost like a PowerPoint but not THAT similar to a presentation. Make sense?

Upvote 0
It will only affect that one workbook, but will apply to all sheets in that workbook. Theres only so much you can do though. Thats why PDF files are quite popular these days as it allow companies to distribute information that can be viewed the same way regardless of what setup the viewer has provided they have a PDF viewer.

You can insert the data into Powerpoint but if you want them to be able to see the formulas etc then it may not be ideal.

It depends on the recipent too. For example if they receive an Excel file they expect it to look a certain way and may not like the unfamiliar. Cant please everyone. :)

Upvote 0
One comment about things you turn off via Tools/Options - if you turn your formula and status bar off, they do not automatically turn back on - you can make them visible on a BeforeClose statement (that's how I handle it). You can also control the scroll area with the VBA statement SCROLLAREA.

One of the other "tricks" I use to give an Excel more of a presentation look is to create an opening cover page and add simple GOTO buttons to take the user to specific worksheets or sections of worksheets. This way you can turn off tabs and the column and row headers. (put a "return" button on the pages to get the user back to the menu)

Keep working on this, it is possible to make things look very professional in Excel. One issue is with security - this is limited in Excel. If you trust your end users though, it's not much of a problem.

Good Luck!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WORKINGWITHNOLEADER

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back