visual basic editor keeps opening itself...

jryan15

Board Regular
i've been noticing more and more that the visual basic editor keeps opening itself. it has never happened with me in front of the computer, it usually happens after i've walked away for a few minutes and xp goes into lockdown.

there are no messages or anything, i just notice that the editor is open. i have several addin's running, and don't know if an error is causing this to occur.

without modifying the code on all the add ins, is there a way to force all active scripts to halt on error? not sure what to do.

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
I see the same thing happening on my machine that uses WinXP Pro SP2 and Excel 2000. The VBE is maximized but without toolbars... I just assume there's something messed up with the lock, and I just deal with it like that.

For your other question, you could go into Tools | Options | General, and check the box that reads 'Break on All Errors', but I would *really* advise against doing that. (That option is in the Visual Basic Editor, not in Excel)

Upvote 0
I just noticed this happening to me as well, I'm running Excel 2007 on a Windows 7 64 bit machine. I don't quite understand what is meant by "..something messed up with the lock.." and how to deal with that. Does anyone have a solution for this situation? It's not life threatening but is VERY annoying. Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back