Vlook up and sum/sumif

lo1ly

Board Regular
Instead of explaining exactly what I'm I'll just create a table and try to explain it through that.. O

So I want to compare the numbers of Table 2 to Table 1. I want to use a Vlookup of my concatenated colors and sum up all the numbers in table 2 to compare to table 1.

To further explain this.... How do i sum up all the number of RedBlue in table 2 which would be 22. I tried to you "=SUM(VLOOKUP('Table1'Redblue,'Table2'!A:A,2,FALSE)" but it just finds the first value. Not all of them and sum them together.

any help would be appreciated. If you need me to further explain then I can.. Thanks!

Table 1
AB
RedBlue20
BlueRed5
YellowRed10
YellowBlue15

<tbody>
</tbody>

Table 2

AB
RedBlue12
RedBlue3
Redblue7
BlueRed2
BlueRed1
BlueRed2
YellowRed4
YellowRed6
YellowBlue6
YellowBlue8

<tbody>
</tbody>

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.

BrianExcel

So based on what you have here, if I have Table 2 in a worksheet beginning on row 1, this formula provides me with the sum of 22 when I enter it...

=SUMIF(A1:A10,A1,B1:B10)

Is that not what you're looking for?

lo1ly

Board Regular
No something isn't right here. I'm not sure what.. I guess my example was too small scale. What I'm doing is using a Vlookup on the concatenate from Table 1, lets use RedBlue for example, then I'm trying to find all the 'RedBlues' in table 2 and sum all the RedBlue's from table 2.

lo1ly

Board Regular
Nevermind, I have figured it out.. I made it more complicated for myself.. Thank You!

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KCH

This Week's Hot Topics