Vlook up and sum/sumif

lo1ly

Board Regular
Instead of explaining exactly what I'm I'll just create a table and try to explain it through that.. O

So I want to compare the numbers of Table 2 to Table 1. I want to use a Vlookup of my concatenated colors and sum up all the numbers in table 2 to compare to table 1.

To further explain this.... How do i sum up all the number of RedBlue in table 2 which would be 22. I tried to you "=SUM(VLOOKUP('Table1'Redblue,'Table2'!A:A,2,FALSE)" but it just finds the first value. Not all of them and sum them together.

any help would be appreciated. If you need me to further explain then I can.. Thanks!

Table 1
AB
RedBlue20
BlueRed5
YellowRed10
YellowBlue15

<tbody>
</tbody>

Table 2

AB
RedBlue12
RedBlue3
Redblue7
BlueRed2
BlueRed1
BlueRed2
YellowRed4
YellowRed6
YellowBlue6
YellowBlue8

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
So based on what you have here, if I have Table 2 in a worksheet beginning on row 1, this formula provides me with the sum of 22 when I enter it...

=SUMIF(A1:A10,A1,B1:B10)

Is that not what you're looking for?

Upvote 0
No something isn't right here. I'm not sure what.. I guess my example was too small scale. What I'm doing is using a Vlookup on the concatenate from Table 1, lets use RedBlue for example, then I'm trying to find all the 'RedBlues' in table 2 and sum all the RedBlue's from table 2.

Upvote 0
Nevermind, I have figured it out.. I made it more complicated for myself.. Thank You!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gb24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back