Vlook up Help

diddy22

Hello,

Basically I have an issue with duplicate information in the a Vlookup function.

I'm doing a Vlookup by part number, and I want to know what account owns what part. My issue is that multiple accounts can own the same part, but the Vlookup only returns the first value that it finds. How can I have the Vlookup return the first account name + the second account name for that part number.

I've tried using a "&" function to restart the Vlookup, but it still only returns the first value that it has found.

Here is the Vlookup function that I'm trying to solve:
=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($A393,'Monthly'!A:G,2,FALSE)),"",(VLOOKUP($A393,'Monthly'!A:G,2,FALSE)))&IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($A393,'Monthly'!A:G,2,FALSE)),"",(VLOOKUP($A393,'!A:G,2,FALSE)))

I need the Vlookup to return multiple accounts for the same part number. How do I get it to continue down the list so that it can find another account name?

Thanks,
Ryan

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Not knowing what your end goal is, you could accomplish the same task by doing a vlookup from your table with the part number and account to your table with the part number. This would then tell you where the part numbers match up. You could then spin that data in a pivot table, displaying the vlookup value ("true" or something easy like that), and both the part number and account, with a count on some other field. This would display all the combinations of the part numbers and accounts, as well as a display of the value that was returned if the vlookup was successful.

HTH

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OrangeYellow

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back