Vlook-up with date conditions

johnny_doyle

Hi Team,

I have a workbook that I am trying to create and an overall Dashboard to give a snapshot of information from my main list of projects. On the main sheet we enter details about the project, unique reference numbers, and dates to show start & end of projects. There are also sections for team Scale (minor, medium, major, team priority)

CDEFGHIMN
Ref Date Received
CategoryRequest Officer AllocatedPriority
(High, Medium, Low)
Task ScaleDue DateDate Completed
Uniquedd/mm/yyyyFour option drop down to describe cat typeBlurb about the jobWhich person(s)High, Medium, Lowminor, medium, major, team priorityExpected date to deliverycompleted

<tbody>
</tbody><colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup>

The rows jump from I to M as there is some conditional formatting supporting cells hidden that are used to generate a due date, i.e. Date Received +Priority = Due Date.

This section is working fine, however with the idea of the dashboard, I would like to show current open tasks and recently completed tasks on the dashboard (not filtering this page) So my dash has this...

Open TasksMinor36
Medium6
Major2
Team Priority1

<colgroup><col style="width: 97pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 4717;" width="129"> <col style="width: 63pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3072;" width="84"> <col style="width: 166pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 8082;" width="221"> <tbody>
</tbody>

With the formulae being
Open Tasks='Data Lists'!E2=COUNTIFS('Current Tasks'!I:I,Dashboard!C19,'Current Tasks'!N:N,"")
='Data Lists'!E3=COUNTIFS('Current Tasks'!I:I,Dashboard!C20,'Current Tasks'!N:N,"")
='Data Lists'!E4=COUNTIFS('Current Tasks'!I:I,Dashboard!C21,'Current Tasks'!N:N,"")
='Data Lists'!E5=COUNTIFS('Current Tasks'!I:I,Dashboard!C22,'Current Tasks'!N:N,"")

<colgroup><col style="width: 194pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 4717;" width="258"> <col style="width: 126pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3072;" width="168"> <col style="width: 332pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 8082;" width="442"> <tbody>
</tbody>

And that counts the number of current tasks on the books. My issue is now two fold. I want a separate Open tasks and close tasks sheet which brings back the content of only those tasks that are Major or Team Priority. So I came back to this formula

{=IF(ROWS(C$21:C21)>(D$21),"",INDEX('Current Tasks'!C:C,SMALL(IF('Current Tasks'!I:I=$C$21,ROW('Current Tasks'!I:I)),ROWS(C$21:C21))))}

Using the unique number as a Vlookup to populate the other cells. My issue is that the sheet stops once it hits the number of tasks counted and I cannot get it to take the Completed Date Value in to consideration for open and closed tasks.

Is it possible to modify so that only current tasks (with no completed date being the reference) are returned, skipping any that are closed? Currently the sheet will not 'jump over' a closed task that meets the major header. So if tasks 1 was major and open, tasks 2 major and complete, and task 3 major and open, using the above fomulae, only tasks one and two are returned.

The next issue would be those that are closed. We don't want to have all closed tasks, just those that were closed within the last 30 days.

Closed TasksMinor5
Medium2
Major1
Team Priority0

<colgroup><col style="width: 65pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3145;" width="86"> <col style="width: 97pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 4717;" width="129"> <col style="width: 74pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3620;" width="99"> <tbody>
</tbody>

Closed Tasks=C19=COUNTIFS('Current Tasks'!I:I,Dashboard!K19,'Current Tasks'!N:N,">"&(TODAY()-30))
=C20=COUNTIFS('Current Tasks'!I:I,Dashboard!K20,'Current Tasks'!N:N,">"&(TODAY()-30))
=C21=COUNTIFS('Current Tasks'!I:I,Dashboard!K21,'Current Tasks'!N:N,">"&(TODAY()-30))
=C22=COUNTIFS('Current Tasks'!I:I,Dashboard!K22,'Current Tasks'!N:N,">"&(TODAY()-30))

<tbody>
</tbody><colgroup><col><col><col></colgroup>

Is it possible to do this?

I know I am asking a lot!! Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

J

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back