Vlookup and countif help

Mr Marvin

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
im looking for some help with using the above. i can what i want to do manually but it be a long process. the scenario is i have2 worksheets, - absence record and rota. i wanted to keep a master sheet to record any sickness for agents. the set up of the rota is the agents name will be horizontally starting line G2 and the calendar month to the left and if they are off sick that the absence record sheet will automatically count the number of sick days.

The absence record sheet is in a different file and the set up of that is the agents name will run down vertically with the specific month we looking to record horizontal. so i can look back instead of addin up manually, into the absence sheet and see that agent 1 has had 3 days off in November for example.

is it possible that a formula could be used to pick up on the agents name and also add the days off. i was looking at hlookups /vlookups with countif. i can get it add the absences across the worksheet but not for individual agents.

will each agent have to have their own formula to target those cells

tia

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
The absence record sheet is in a different file
I'm not sure Excel formula would work when data is on another file. If it is within same file but on a different sheet - then we can start thinking about what your other requirements are.

Even then a sample data using XL2BB would be required to understand all the other scenario you are mentioning and to understand the possibility of populating some formulae.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sweeberry

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back