I'm having trouble getting vlookup to recognize a lookup value. Here's the situation:
- I built a table and changed the numbers to text format
- I built a vlookup: =VLOOKUP(H1, 'Tables - Extra'!B:D, 3, 0)
- I've verified that my table array ('Tables - Extra'!B:D) is working just fine, as far as I can tell.
- No matter what I try, the result is #N/A as long as I'm referencing H1 or any other cell in the table for my Value Lookup
- Now, I've copied my table and pasted values only into a new sheet, trying to start fresh.
- In this fresh sheet, where every value is pasted as general format, I get the same problem, until I retype the number in the cell--suddenly vlookup will recognize it now. I can even change the format to text, or leave it as general.
- Thinking I've done something to remedy the problem, I go back to the original table and try the same thing, retyping my values, trying various format changes... with no luck.