Vlookup and match on 2 criteria

Melimob

Office Version
  1. 365
Hi there

I have a an sheet where the sales person (B3) and year (A2) is a drop down so when selected, can dynamically change the values in my output table.
My output table has the months as columns JAN-DEC.
Year is not included in the table
Lets call it Table1

The data table it is looking up against has
Year, Salesperson as rows, then the months across but only for the months it has data for as it's pivoted from Get and Transform.
Call it Table2

I want to return the values from Table2 based on sales person and year in B3 & A2 but also accomodate for when Table2 grows. I.e. if another month is added and include total row.

When I look up against one item it works as either:
=IFNA(VLOOKUP($B$3,Table2l[#All],MATCH(Table1[[#Headers],[January]],Table2[[#Headers],[Consultant]:[October]],0),0),"")

or
=IFNA(VLOOKUP($B$3,Table2[[#Data],[#Totals],[Consultant]:[Totals]],MATCH(Table1[[#Headers],[January]],Table1[[#Headers],[Consultant]:[Totals]],0),0),"")

but struggling on how I add in the addition of the year and accommodate for when extra months are added without having to change the formulas?

I can do a sumifs formula instead if not but wondered what the best way to do this is?

Many thanks for any advise.

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Attach a sample picture . Make sure there is just enough data to demonstrate your need. Include a BEFORE and AFTER scenario to show the process you're trying to complete or automate. Make sure your desired results are shown, mock them up manually if necessary.

Remember to desensitize the data.

Upvote 0
Hi thanks for the reply..

this works if I'm just looking up against the name..
=IFNA(VLOOKUP($B$3,tblMortgagesWritten[[Consultant]:[Totals]],MATCH(tblBrokerFig[[#Headers],[January]],tblMortgagesWritten[[#Headers],[Consultant]:[Totals]],0),0),"")

but I need it to look up to vlkup based on first two columns (year and name) so something like: (but this doesnt work)
=IFNA(VLOOKUP($A$2 & $B$3,tblMortgagesWritten,MATCH(tblBrokerFig[[#Headers],[January]],tblMortgagesWritten[#Headers],0),0),"")

tblBrokerFig - should return values from bottom table based on 'John Smith' in B3 and Year in A2 being selected..
TypeJanuaryFebruaryMarch
Written Business (Mortgages)

TableMortgagesWritten
Written YearConsultantJanuaryFebruaryMarch
2019John Smith
9​
6​
6​

many thanks for any advice..

Upvote 0
Try this

Book1
ABCDE
3John Smith
6TypeJanuaryFebruaryMarch
7Written Business (Mortgages)98017
10Written YearConsultantJanuaryFebruaryMarch
112019John Smith98017
122019gus108118
132019will118219
14Total
Hoja5
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
B7B7=SUMPRODUCT((TableMortgagesWritten[Consultant]=$B$3)*(TableMortgagesWritten[[#Headers],[January]:[March]]=tblBrokerFig[[#Headers],[January]])*TableMortgagesWritten[[January]:[March]])
C7C7=SUMPRODUCT((TableMortgagesWritten[Consultant]=$B$3)*(TableMortgagesWritten[[#Headers],[January]:[March]]=tblBrokerFig[[#Headers],[February]])*TableMortgagesWritten[[January]:[March]])
D7D7=SUMPRODUCT((TableMortgagesWritten[Consultant]=$B$3)*(TableMortgagesWritten[[#Headers],[January]:[March]]=tblBrokerFig[[#Headers],[March]])*TableMortgagesWritten[[January]:[March]])

Upvote 0
thank you Dante...the below works fine but I can't see that the A2 cell (Year) is referenced?

=SUMPRODUCT((tblMortgagesWritten[[Consultant]:[Consultant]]=$B$3)*(tblMortgagesWritten[[#Headers],[January]:[Totals]]=tblBrokerFig[[#Headers],[February]])*tblMortgagesWritten[[January]:[Totals]])

i.e. if there was another row with John Smith but the year was 2020, I need it to match up on the year also?

I tried variations to add this myself - see below, but it didn't work I'm afraid :(

thank you in advance!

=SUMPRODUCT((tblMortgagesWritten[[Consultant]:[Consultant]]=$B$3)*(tblMortgagesWritten[[Written Year]:[Written Year]]=$A$2)*(tblMortgagesWritten[[#Headers],[January]:[Totals]]=tblBrokerFig[[#Headers],[January]])*tblMortgagesWritten[[January]:[Totals]])

Upvote 0
Sorry, I put a previous test. Here the complete formula.

=SUMPRODUCT((TableMortgagesWritten[Consultant]=$B$3)*(TableMortgagesWritten[Written Year]=$A$2)*(TableMortgagesWritten[[#Headers],[January]:[March]]=tblBrokerFig[[#Headers],[January]])*TableMortgagesWritten[[January]:[March]])

Upvote 0
Sorry, I put a previous test. Here the complete formula.

=SUMPRODUCT((TableMortgagesWritten[Consultant]=$B$3)*(TableMortgagesWritten[Written Year]=$A$2)*(TableMortgagesWritten[[#Headers],[January]:[March]]=tblBrokerFig[[#Headers],[January]])*TableMortgagesWritten[[January]:[March]])

Hi Dante - thank you again for your time - at first it wouldn't work however I realised my year values were set as text so changing the format fixed it!

thank you again!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back