VLOOKUP code deleted if user types in cell

ipbr21054

Hi,
I have this code in various cells,obvioulsy each with a different cell reference.

Code:
=IFERROR(VLOOKUP($B12,INDIRECT("INFO!$CV$2:$DB$"&COUNTA(INFO!$CV:$CV)),5,FALSE),"")
I select a customers name in cell B then VLOOKUP populates cells C D & E
Now column D refers to how much the customer has paid me.
9/10 the fee is always the same but today it was different.

So if like normal i select a customers name & the cell in column D has £30 applied todays fee was £50
If i manually type £50 into the cell then the VLOOKUP code is deleted.

Is there a workaround for this please so the VLOOKUP isnt deleted.
Or what can you advise

Thanks

mumps

When you type anything into a cell that contains a formula, the formula will always be over-written by the value.

mumps

Perhaps a macro would be able to do what you want. Perhaps you could upload a copy of your file to a free site such as www.box.com or www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. Include a detailed explanation of what you would like to do using a few examples from your data and referring to specific cells, rows, columns and worksheets. If the workbook contains confidential information, you could replace it with generic data.

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• Importing multiple excel files into one spreadsheet
    Hi, I'm trying to import multiple excel files (with the same format into a single spreadsheet) so that each day's file is listed underneath the...
  • find many based on a certain criteria
    good evening, I hope someone can help me? I have a workbook sheet 2 contains lots of data.... I would like to be able to find anything on sheet...
  • How to copy multiple rows using If
    Hi all, I'm very new to VBA and have written this simple code to copy certain cells if a certain cell within that row contains any data. I need...
  • VBA If statement
    Dear All, I have two dates, where I'd like a message box to pop, if the dates are between this criteria. [CODE] sDate1 = #10/1/2019#...
  • Text Format
    I have a sheet for user to keyin the data. The format of the data can be 451 / 1903, 0012 / 9908 or 00287 / 0099. The number after the "/" is...
  • Macro to copy values across rows and transposing them and add the user id
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Hi,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Times New...