vlookup for list of employee

Spockster

Board Regular
I have a question on how to setup a spreadsheet that will do a lookup for employees from another spreadsheet. Once it finds them I need to see how many times the have been "early outed" from the center and have an if statement to let me know if it is more than 20% of their schedule. Any reply is a good reply

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
On 2002-09-06 21:19, Spockster wrote:
I have a question on how to setup a spreadsheet that will do a lookup for employees from another spreadsheet. Once it finds them I need to see how many times the have been "early outed" from the center and have an if statement to let me know if it is more than 20% of their schedule. Any reply is a good reply

Hi Spockster:
I have not fully understood your question -- so more detail -- with some sample data, and what exactly are you trying to to accomplish will help. In the mean time, I ought to mention that the us of LOOKUP/VLOOKUP will return a single value ... so if you expect a set of values to be returned at one time, perhaps use of AutoFilter/AdvancedFilter or use of Database Functions may be in order.

Regards!

Yogi

Upvote 0
not sure how to attach a file. but here is a sample.
Spreadsheet 1 has:
Employee Name:
schedule: Date Hours
9/7/02 7:30
9/8/02 7:30
Total: 15:00

This report has the same for all 600 employees.

Spreadsheet 2
Employee Name:
Early Out: Date Hours
9/7/02 2:30
9/8/02 1:30
Total: 4:00

The third Spreadsheet should get the Early outs for each person and display the total for the week and divide into scheduled to see if that person is above 20% of their sceduled hours.
Does that help? I need to get the info from 2 different sheets.

Upvote 0
Hi Spockster:

It is hard to provide a simulation for data in three sheets, but I hope the following simulation will hwlp in getting started to layout your spreadsheet. There are many factors to consider in laying out the spreadsheet ... the simulation is just to trigger your thinking of the possibilities.</Script></HEAD><BODY BGCOLOR=#E0F4EA><CENTER><FONT COLOR=#339966 SIZE=5>[HtmlMaker 2.20]</FONT></CENTER><HR><SPAN id='ForSubmit'>
Book2
ABCDEFGHIJKL
4EmpNameSchedDateSchedHoursEmpNameOutDateOutHoursEmpNameSumSchedHoursSumOutHoursAbove20Percent
5JoeSmith9/7/027:30JoeSmith9/7/022:30JoeSmith15:004:00Yes
6JoeSmith9/8/027:30JoeSmith9/8/021:30
8Sheet1
9Sheet2
10Sheet3
Sheet1
</SPAN>

Please post back if you have furthe questions. I am off to bed now, so happy exceling!

Regards!

Yogi

Upvote 0
Hi Spockster:

I don't know how you have the sheet laidout (or how you are going to lay it out). Please note in the sample I gave you, I did not have to use the VLOOKUP function.

Whether you need the VLOOKUP function or not will depend on the layout of your worksheet, and how you manipulate the data.

So, let us see how does your worksheet look like, and then let us take it from there.

Regards!

Yogi

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rohitsomani

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back